Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Customer experiences with Aero Leather

Shake_and_Bake

New in Town
The jacket I received from Aero last week was flawless, fits perfectly, and was delivered at the early end of the promised time frame after courteous and professional communications. No complaints whatsoever on construction quality, and the jacket is simply fantastic.

I did the only sensible thing - ordered a second jacket.

Flying Mariner

Familiar Face
Aero quick despatch..

Hi guys....
I ordered a Aero A2 "real deal" on the 10th October and was quoted 8 weeks to receive it.
Imagine my delight when I got a email today to say it had been despatched !
Hopefully it will be with me tomorrow.
Can't wait.

Wayne.

tonypaj

Practically Family
GriffDeLaGriff said:
Wow.

I also ordered on the same date and i got the feeling from the last mail
that it will be atleast 8-10 weeks

It will depend on all kinds of things, like what you order, what their stocks are for each particular hide, what their personnel situation is, what their cash flow is, what their suppliers are doing, and on and on, simple but multiple factors when running a business.

At times you get lucky, things go fast, at times they don't. And when they don't go fast, then it's time for Amanda to earn her salary... Regardless, so far I am happy with them after multiple transactions.

Flying Mariner

Familiar Face
tonypaj said:
It will depend on all kinds of things, like what you order, what their stocks are for each particular hide, what their personnel situation is, what their cash flow is, what their suppliers are doing, and on and on, simple but multiple factors when running a business.

At times you get lucky, things go fast, at times they don't. And when they don't go fast, then it's time for Amanda to earn her salary... Regardless, so far I am happy with them after multiple transactions.

Yep some good points tonypaj.
I guess when you order a "real deal" the hide is more readily available.
The jacket is pretty standard other than a extra inch in the arm and 2 inches in the length.
Still a nice surprise, I was hoping it would arrive by Christmas.
Cheers,
Wayne.

tonypaj

Practically Family
Flying Mariner said:
Did you order A2's guys?
My jacket has not arrived.
Supposed to be delivered within 24 hours.
Hopefully the courier will deliver tomorrow.
Not Aeros fault.

Regards,
Wayne.

My order changes. I'm a nerd. Today it is a Hercules. All I can do is hope that they make it fast, then I cannot change it and the chances are that I'm happy with whatever I get. I do not wait well.

I do apologize for the stream of consciousness. Kindly blame Virginia Woolf...

Papa M

A-List Customer
Papa M said:
I've just ordered an Aero Waterfront (not the reversible). They've quoted six week lead time. I guess that it might be a short lead time because it is slightly easier to make than a leather.

Waterfront order placed 13 October. Despatched 25 November, received 26 November.

Sizing perfect.
Finish - pretty good, a couple of flyaway threads that I can easily snip off.

I have no complaint at all.

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
Dude!! You gotta post pics of you wearing it.
I need one of those jackets bad lol
Its so cool.

I just gotta get like...3 other jackets first :D

Papa M

A-List Customer
GriffDeLaGriff said:
Dude!! You gotta post pics of you wearing it.
I need one of those jackets bad lol
Its so cool.

I'll try and get some snapshots sorted out.

It is certainly a very cool looking jacket at a very reasonable price. I've bought shirts at a higher price that are not as well made.

Papa M

A-List Customer
Brando Waterfront - custom made by Aero.

wf1email.jpg

wf5email.jpg

wf4email.jpg

wf5email.jpg

wf2email.jpg

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
Wow. Thanks for the pics.
Congratulations on a cool jacket. You look sharp! :eusa_clap
I want one lol

Nice vinyl collection and nice speakers also :arated:

Papa M

A-List Customer
GriffDeLaGriff said:
Nice vinyl collection and nice speakers also :arated:

Thanks LaGriffe - I'm very pleased with the jacket.

Vinyl? You should see the rest of it - I can hardly move around my apartment for the stuff.

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
Cheyenne ordered October 10:th

Shipped today December 18.

10 weeks. Really good job. :)

Ill probably have it 22:d or 23:d. Im kinda peeing my pants about it because its my first ever Aero and first ever custom jacket :D

Peacoat

Bartender
:eek:fftopic: Papa M: Are those Palm trees I see outside the window? And what about the rest of that greenery? My recollection is that Brighton is south of London, on the sea, maybe near the English Channel? I wouldn't think you would catch much of the Gulf Stream there, certainly not enough for Palm trees? And if the pics were taken recently, there shouldn't be so much green outside this time of the year. As I remember, England in the winter is cloudy and cold, much like Tennessee weather, but maybe a little colder.

Papa M

A-List Customer
Peacoat said:
:eek:fftopic: Papa M: Are those Palm trees I see outside the window?

Well spotted Peacoat. What you can see is a very large Cordyline, some Tree Ferns (Dicksonia) and hardy bamboo. Brighton is indeed on the South Coast and benefits from the Gulf Stream. We hardly ever get any frost in my garden which is 1 minute walk from the beach at the bottom of my road. Just ten minutes walk inland and there is a different microclimate in which some of my plants would suffer during frosty winter months.

I have a total of 16 different varieties of bamboo some of which are now over 20' tall. Visitors are amazed at my little tropical paradise!

If you are ever in Brighton (highly recommended) then you are welcome to come visit.

Creeping Past

One Too Many
Papa M said:
Well spotted Peacoat. What you can see is a very large Cordyline, some Tree Ferns (Dicksonia) and hardy bamboo. Brighton is indeed on the South Coast and benefits from the Gulf Stream.

Not sure about the Gulf Stream, but Brighton's got its own micro-climate due it's position on the coast and the shelter of the South Downs behind it.

Papa M

A-List Customer
Creeping Past said:
Not sure about the Gulf Stream, but Brighton's got its own micro-climate due it's position on the coast and the shelter of the South Downs behind it.

Gulf Stream for sure. All the way from The Gulf of Mexico. The sea temperature in winter is actually warmer than the air temperature. (I used to be a Surfer Dude and I can't really say that our waters are ever particularly warm! Hence I'm an Ex Surfer Dude.)

Principle lesson in Geography of the British Isles: W.W.W.W.W. - Warm Wet Westerly Winds in Winter.:p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic