Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Customer experiences with Aero Leather

ranchnman

Familiar Face
Hey guys,

I ordered a jacket months ago and they say they are really busy and would get it out as soon as they could. Anyone else having the same problem? Are they really tht backed up right now?

Hawk_Eye

One of the Regulars
By all accounts Aero is extremely backed up at the moment, with a wait time of roughly 2 months from what I hear. Seems like Eastman is in the same boat as well, wait times are up to 7-8 weeks there as well.

1911 Man

A-List Customer
I am in the middle of an order with Mark at Aero, and he told me they are backed up for a few months. He told me to get orders in now for fall, although I'm pretty sure it won't take that long. I just think an order now won't be ready until summer. My guess - people are jumping on the great exchange rate dollar to pound.

bbc1969

Familiar Face
I made my order on March 9th, and was told to expect it to take between 3 and 4 months, but that they would try to make it in 12 vs. 16 weeks if possible. The exchange rate at the moment does indeed have a lot of orders from the U.S. being placed evidently.

I just want it done right, without a "rush". Won't really wear it till the fall anyway.

Daniel Hunter

One of the Regulars
I placed an order for a custom long half belt in the first week of February. I contacted Amanda yesterday to inquire about my order and was told my jacket should be done late next week.

I ordered a new Bootlegger from Scotland Jan 16. It is yet to arrive...and I have received no notice about it. Amanda had said 8 wks. I have refrained from inquiring about it so far. I,too,would rather they take their time and not rush it.
HD

Creeping Past

One Too Many
I suppose they've got the added problem of spending time communicating with customers phoning/mailing to find out what stage their jackets are at...

matei

One Too Many
I'm in the same boat. I ordered a Barnstormer around the 10th of February and I was told it would be about 8 weeks.

I'm looking forward to receiving it, and I'd rather have them do it right and take their time than rush it.

I do hope that it isn't too warm though by the time I get it, I'd like to at least wear it a few times before summer comes! :p

Daniel Hunter

One of the Regulars
Up until this point I haven't inquired once about the status of my order. I contacted Amanda yesterday because I was originally given a delivery time of 8 weeks which would put it at this Friday.

Daniel Hunter

One of the Regulars
Sorry if I sounded too defensive.

I wrote Amanda at Aero to check on my order because I looked at the calender and expected it to be done any day.

I learned the hard way with a custom knife maker awhile back that if you ignore the delivery date with a custom order they may forget about you. Long story short I was quoted a time of six months once and after a year I emailed the maker who politely explained that he forgot to put my order in his schedule. Being a very honorable guy he made my knife his number one priority and had one to me in a week.

Hawk_Eye

One of the Regulars
On the same note, has anyone else ordered from Eastman recently? They say 7-8 weeks on the site but I'd like to hear anyone elses account if they have one.

rnrswitch

New in Town
Put my order in on January 14th, and haven't received mine yet (11 weeks ago). It is a bootlegger. I keep thinking I will get home after work and it will be waiting for me, but no luck yet. Does anyone know if they email you before it ships or do they just ship it. I ordered mine through the US distributor and was told 8-12 weeks as well.

Tommer45

One of the Regulars
I'm also awaiting an Aero.. a Long Half Belt. Ordered it back in mid February. I was originally quoted 8 weeks, and last time I talked to Mark right around 7 weeks he mentioned I was looking at another 4 weeks or so. So they've certainly gotten busier since Feb. Their listings on eBay used to say there was an 8 week wait, and now they list it as 3-4 months. Looks like I'll be cranking up the a/c to wear it around the house and come fall it should be nice and broken in.

Tommer

GHQ1

One of the Regulars
Just passed the four month mark

for mine . . .

Some custom details, the exchange rate and a pre-Xmas order no doubt slowing things down . . .

But I take a zen like approach . . .it's done when it's done . . .

Waited eight months for a Yao MK II watch so four months is . . . ."just a walk in the park, Kazansky" . . .:D

eClairvaux

One of the Regulars
placed an order for two items with Aero which would be eight weeks this week. Amanda wrote she hopes it will be ready to ship next week.

I agree, I'd rather get the quality and wait a little while longer. It will be too warm to wear it anyway when it arrives.

Hope she doesn't copy this :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner