Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Customer experiences with Aero Leather

Grayland

Call Me a Cab
I'm very close to putting in an order for slim-fit 30's half belt in seal brown goatskin, it should be finalized in the next few days. I keep telling myself that I'm going to place the order and try and forget about it until it arrives. The fact that soon the weather will change enough that I won't even think of wearing of jacket will help. If I have it by mid-October, I'll be happy as that will be the earliest I need a jacket. Yeah, yeah...I'm talking big now! :D

frussell

One Too Many
I was very pleased with the Long Half Belt I recently got in the mail. Since I had been reading the Aero threads on this forum, I knew that I was in for a much longer wait than the original quote. If I was just an average eBay customer dealing with AeroUSA and didn't frequent the Lounge, I might have been a little more restless than I was those 8 months, especially since I kept getting the standard "should be just a few weeks" answers from both Scotland and the U.S. I wasn't happy every minute of that wait, but at least I had the light at the end of the tunnel that comes from reading these types of threads. I knew I wasn't the only one. Mark thanked me for being extra patient in a note with the jacket, and once he had official word it was done, was in constant contact and got it out to me very quickly. Everything turned out fine, just need to wait another eight months to wear the damned thing. Frank

frussell

One Too Many
Just as soon as they start serving ice tea in hell, Randall. I like it just fine, don't need to know who finds it "a tad boxy," or thinks the sleeves are too long. Besides, it doesn't match my shorts at all. Frank

Cole

One of the Regulars
My customer experience with Aero has been very good.

I ordered my jacket on the November the 7th 2011 and got it on the 16th of March 2012. That's a little more than 4 month for a costum jacket, which is very good in my eyes.

The communication with Aero / Amanda was very good as well. Allmost all of my emails where answered on the same day and Amanda was allways very helpful and nice.

Don Tomaso

A-List Customer
I think we should remember that Aero is a quite small outlet and they simply don't have the resources for that "customer-relation"-thing other companies are doing. Amanda seems to handle quite some workload and she really helps you when you order, sending samples and the like and steers you through the process and once this is done, she takes care of the next customer. That's how it should be! With a little bit of online search, everybody and his brother could have known that you're into a bit of a wait once you ordered and the "normal" 14 weeks might be a bit on the short side. And? It's not your run-of-the-mill fashion-shop, after all.
My suggestion: relax, take it like a man, calm down.:D

jlanderson

One of the Regulars
The problem with long wait times for Aero Leather USA orders is not with the folks in Scotland. Three to four months for a handmade jacket is, when you think about, a remarkable turnaround time, especially considering the quality of the build. Six months to a year ... or even two years ... when ordered through other outlets is an entirely different matter.

Mojo1975

Sponsoring Affiliate
The problem with long wait times for Aero Leather USA orders is not with the folks in Scotland. Three to four months for a handmade jacket is, when you think about, a remarkable turnaround time, especially considering the quality of the build. Six months to a year ... or even two years ... when ordered through other outlets is an entirely different matter.

Long wait times, I hear, could be the case sometimes with Aero USA.

However, we at Insurrection have never waited longer than 20 weeks (approximately five months) for a customer's custom jacket. Once 16 weeks is hit with a customer's custom order, which is rare, we're on it, working with Amanda and Will to put the jacket through production! Since we carry a lot of off-the-rack Aero, our wait times stay under control and most customer's custom jackets come to us within 16 weeks!

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hi Guys,

Long time lurker, first time poster. I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on an Aero Cafe Racer. I have a question regarding how warm the FQHH cafe racers are. I live in Sydney Australia and would like to get as much wear over the course of a year as possible, with occasional motorcycle use for short trips but primarily wearing just cause they look great. Is a FQHH much warmer than a mid weight HH? Is there much of a compromise in the look and aging of the leather between the two? Will the liner choice have much impact on its warmth? I'm guessing the cotton would be the "coolest" liner option?

Any insight would be appreciated.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner