Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cute Vintage-y Shoes

m_luvsartdeco

One of the Regulars
Annie...if you look under the SALE section there is a shoe called Pathway...it's black and has a light platform...very cute and looks like the kind I use to wear with my school uniform.

crwritt

One Too Many
KittyT said:
Oooh lucky you! What are the soles like? Are they leather? How would they fare for everyday street wear?
Sorry I missed your question before, KittyT. Yes, they are leather, and beautifully made.The soles are hard leather, and they are great for dancing, but
fine for street wear. I wear them for dress occasions, and I don't worry about
walking on the street in them. If its really wet out, I do wear something else and change when I get there. Since I have them primarily for dancing, Ive scuffed up the soles.
I am fortunate enough to know the designer, and have bought shoes from her
at her studio when she has had a special sale.

D

Deleted member 12480

December

I had some canvas-y flats before but they are really just not substantial enough for the walk every day i have lost count of how many shoes i have worn holes through.

m_luvsartdeco

thanks for the link - they're lovely but i can't find any information on postage?

xxx

Shirin

A-List Customer
December said:
I am a UK size 6 which is very average for a woman here. This would make me a US 8.5, which seems to be massive by US standards.

I would have to disagree. I wear 10 (US) now and when you find a nice shoe in that size you've got to snatch it up quickly or it will be gone. I seems the only shoes left are all the small sizes from 5 to 8. People are just getting larger and taller and the decades pass. My niece is turning 12 and her shoe size is 11 in women! I can imagine how much taller than me she will be when she's my age.

atomik_momma

New in Town
i just got these Clarks sandals this past week and i can tell already that they are going to be my go-to summer shoe. i've got three little boys ranging from 1.5 yrs to 5yrs, so i do a LOT of running around, and these have been great so far. they reminded me of some of the ReMix sandals, but less of a wedge and cheaper.

1084023-p-DETAILED.jpg

zendy

A-List Customer
2nd Clarks

I agree. Clarks makes super cute shoes. Too bad these are $90, or they'd be on my feet.
1082733-p-MULTIVIEW.jpg

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
deleteduser said:
thanks for the link - they're lovely but i can't find any information on postage?

Annie, I don't mean to be rude, but you need to look around a bit harder. Their shipping info is located at the bottom of almost every style page on the site. For example: http://www.remixvintageshoes.com/40splatformwedg.html. Just scroll all the way to the bottom.

m_luvsartdeco said:
these are from USA...not sure if anyone has posted them here yet but they are very expensive but cute...look at the wedges/ platforms to see if you may be able to use these styles....I find that wedges give me more support and I can walk in them for long hours.... here's the website:

http://remixvintageshoes.com/ good luck!

M_luvs, take a look around! There is an entire thread here on the Lounge just for Remix shoes!

D

Deleted member 12480

KittyT

Sorry, that wasn't the same page as the one i was looking at. It literally just has the shoe and a breif description.
I was concerned about how much it would cost to post to the UK.

Blondie

Practically Family
atomik_momma said:
i just got these Clarks sandals this past week and i can tell already that they are going to be my go-to summer shoe. i've got three little boys ranging from 1.5 yrs to 5yrs, so i do a LOT of running around, and these have been great so far. they reminded me of some of the ReMix sandals, but less of a wedge and cheaper.

1084023-p-DETAILED.jpg
I have these too !!!! Love them.

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
deleteduser said:

I know. That's like the only page on their website without their shipping prices on it :)

EDIT: I know their shipping prices to the UK are rather expensive, but if you check out the Remix thread here, you'll find a lot of info before you buy, possibly even some reviews of that exact shoe. Many gals here own them and wear them regularly. I find mine to be very comfortable, but not necessarily of the highest quality. The leather inside of mine has started to crack after 2 seasons of wear.

Lily Powers

Practically Family
deleteduser said:
KittyT

Sorry, that wasn't the same page as the one i was looking at. It literally just has the shoe and a breif description.
I was concerned about how much it would cost to post to the UK.

I find the Remix website not especially helpful, so I email the guy. He's always been really nice and responded promptly with any questions about shipping, sizing or inventory. I have quite a few pair of Remix - wear them, love them... love my cobbler, who puts a thin layer of rubber over the leather soles to extend the life and always treats the leather with something to keep it supple.

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
More, from amerimark.com:

Love these, though i wish the heel was different:
051914.jpg

This style is almost exactly like a pair of vintage red leather wedges I have. They come in black and metallic multi too. IMO these would be perfect if the peep toe were smaller.
051773.jpg

051844.jpg

051910.jpg

051833.jpg

Jenniferose7

One of the Regulars
Kity, it's like you've read my mind. I keep thinking about and have been meaning to buy those rainbow sandals but I wonder how much wear I'll get out of them...hmmmm...

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Jenniferose7 said:
Kity, it's like you've read my mind. I keep thinking about and have been meaning to buy those rainbow sandals but I wonder how much wear I'll get out of them...hmmmm...

I'll probably get them in black so I can give my black Remix a bit of a break this summer, since they're definitely not in great shape and I can't afford new ones.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points