Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cute Vintage-y Shoes

Pink Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
I want these!

46713-b1bad184.jpg

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
I just saw that my friend Sweetpea has a few pairs of cute vintage shoes for sale up on ebay. Her seller name is sweetpea821. She has a pair of green shoes!!! And some sweet black heels.

(If this isn't allowed, I'm okay with it being deleted.)

VivianRegan

One of the Regulars
Here's a cute pair I found on Zappos.com... the price is out there ($147.56), but how often do you see something like this? They're called "Midge" by Faryl Robin.

3832-301596-p.jpg

And here's a pair I just ordered, also from Zappos, which I shouldn't have ($98.96). But with summer coming, I couldn't say no. They're called "k5" by Natural Comfort.

5007-374480-p.jpg

Another Faryl Robin pair ("Fiona") at $157.95. I may have to take out a second mortgage...

4998-377384-p.jpg

Do any of you have favorite brands that tend to sell vintage-inspired styles (other than Re-mix, that is)? I have the worst time culling a massive site like Zappos for shoes like these...

Pink Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
No more shoes for you Vivian!

P.S. - Tell me how those red shoes feel when you get them. I too saw those shoes fortunately for me they are way out of my price range. But many people stated they were uncomfortable in the toe area.

VivianRegan

One of the Regulars
You know those polka-dotted wedges you posted a few back? I usually where a 9 or 9.5... but in those wedges, I wore an 8.5.

Since, in these red wedges, they were out of everything above 8.5, that's what I ordered. I'm *hoping* they'll fit... your toe news is scary! If they don't fit, maybe they'll give a little.

I'm all about Zappos free shipping either way, if these puppies don't work out...

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
jitterbugdoll said:
These were exactly what I was looking for--thanks for posting them!

I got the white peep toe wedges in the mail today and I couldn't be happier. They are sooooo cute, and incredibly comfortable. I'm so in love with them I might just have to get them in a few other colors. They are even cuter in person and the inside sole is a very soft leather, really feels nice. I don't think that they come in red, I wish that they did. But this brand, "Mia", had a few other pairs of wedges. I'm hoping that they are as comfortable as these.
Just a note about sizing. I ordered a 1/2 size bigger than I normally wear, for they didn't have my size but I liked the style so much I figured I could put a thicker shoe insert in them if they were too big. Anyway, they fit perfectly, if I had ordered my regular size they would have been too small. So, if you opt to buy these or another pair from this particular brand, I'd go up a 1/2 size. Again, they are super cute and gonna be perfect with spring/summer outfits.

Vivian, I recently bought a pair of Faryl Robin's and fell in love with their comfort that I ended up buying another 4 pairs. They are so different looking, very well made, and incredibly comfortable. However, make sure you order up at least a 1/2 size, for they run small.

Hmmm, I'm beginning to wonder if I should have my feet professionally measured. Maybe the shoes I've had to buy in bigger than my normal size don't run small. Maybe my feet have grown!:eek: I hear that happens in old age!:D

Pink Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
VivianRegan said:
You know those polka-dotted wedges you posted a few back? I usually where a 9 or 9.5... but in those wedges, I wore an 8.5.

Yeah I had to get and 8 in those shoes. (I usually wear and 8.5.) I should have mentioned that those shoes run small.

Sunny

One Too Many
VivianRegan said:
Do any of you have favorite brands that tend to sell vintage-inspired styles (other than Re-mix, that is)? I have the worst time culling a massive site like Zappos for shoes like these...

I've had good luck with Gianni Bini, at Dillard's. I have three pair - one pale pink and raspberry spectators with tassels :eusa_clap, one black suede with kitten heels and bow, and, the newest, blue and white striped fabric with RED bow and red lacing around. (My mother got them for me!) There's always more in the store than online. Their heels aren't killers, either. All three pair are no more than three inches. Plenty tall enough to look cute, and good to wear all day.

Sunny

One Too Many
Thought my spelling looked funny! (Fixed it now.)

"Betsy" are my new red, white, and blue ones. :eusa_clap

VivianRegan

One of the Regulars
I was just at Dillard's and Macy's today and noticed those Gianni Bini shoes! I think we're really lucky this spring that so many designers have gone back to the '40s & '50s for inspiration. I can't find anything vintage in my shoe size that doesn't cost a bunch, so this is my next option. I love new that looks old.

I was REALLY getting tired of boho. I'm glad wrap dresses are sold at Target and everything is covered in polka dots.

Pink Dahlia: the 8.5 Natural Comfort k5's WERE too constricting in the toe area. But by some miracle, a pair of 9's materialized on Zappos, so I've returned the 8.5's and got the 9's. They came today and they fit GREAT.

I'm now thinking of getting these, when I win the lottery, I guess!

Natural Comfort k9 in grey:
1396-374484-p.jpg

VivianRegan

One of the Regulars
The padding in these k5's I'm wearing (the red Natural Comforts from a few posts back), is super thick and comfy.

I'll take 'em for a spin at work next week. I'm sure they'll be more comfortable than the flats I have!

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Pink Dahlia said:
Red Mia shoes on zappos.com.

6901-405235-p.jpg

But you could probably find them cheaper elsewhere.

OMG!! Bless your heart Pink Dahlia. For some reason I couldn't find these anywhere in red. I wonder if they just got them at Zappos. I will definitely be getting these. I got them in white, and as stated above, they are super comfortable. I have so much trouble wearing heels. I can get by for a little while in a platform, but I really love that wedges are coming back. They have a cute vintage flare to them and are soooo comfortable, and I can finally get a little height. It's tough being 5 feet tall and not being able to wear high heels. No matter how much time I spend walking around the house in them and practicing, and breaking them in, my body still hurts after only an hour:( Thank goodness for cute wedges:) I love the grey ones too, I think I'm gonna have to me a pair of those. So much for the shopping moretorium!:eek:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy