Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cute Vintage-y Shoes

Kim_B

Practically Family
Wow, this is always a painful thread to go through when you're trying to abstain from shoe shopping!

I just bought these little lovelies at Torrid:
565729_hi.jpg

Daisy, while I was debating which shoes to get, I found these...not sure if it's something you'd wear, but I know how hard it is to find navy shoes (and I know you like a relatively low heel)!
579380_hi.jpg

...or if you're more brave than I am, here are some darling red wedges (Payless) that would look great with navy blue, like JBD suggested!
052957_beauty.gif

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I don't know why I'm on a shoe hunt now, being that I've bought 6 pairs this week. But the styles this season are just so darn cute!!
I found these by Mia. I think they will look great with white linen sailor trousers and a red top, or a blue top with red accessories. They come in both blue and red. You'll probably be able to find them for less at other stores. But this place does have them

I just ordered these. I was looking for white espadrilles, and I found exactly the ones I wanted, yippee. And the site I found them on had them for $20 less than all the other sites.

Daisy Buchanan

For those of you who liked these shoes from Chinese Laundry, Shoemall has them. They are the same price as the Chinese Laundry website, but shipping is free, so you save 5 bucks. They have them in black and also the cherry print.

Golly I'm on a shoe kick tonight. Must be the blizzard/horrible ice storm we're having here that's making me crave spring. I'm longing for the time when I'll be able to wear all of the cute springy shoes I've been buying this week. So strange that 2 days ago it was 70 degrees here, and today we have a foot of snow, hail, ice. It's too horrible out to leave the house so I'm killing some time shopping online. I hope it gets warm out again soon, my bank account can't take too many more days like this!

BeBopBaby

One Too Many
While at a local shoes store last weekend, I dicovered this line of shoes:

http://www.golcshoes.com/mariana2007.aspx

They are to die for in person! They're very high-quality, almost exact vintage repros made from gorgeous leather. The baby doll pumps are divine in person, the pictures on the website don't do them justice. The heel shapes and round toes are just about perfect. The toe boxes even have the right amount of height to them (something a lot of vintage style shoes don't have) giving them that little "bump" in the toe box that a lot of vintage shoes have. I think I'm going to splurge and buy a pair, but I can't decide. I really like the "Joans" because they are just so different.

Pink Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
Wow Bebop those shoes are terribly cute but not in my price range!

I bought these today:

20826279_l.jpg

I don't know how vintage these look but I think they'd look pretty spectacular with the yellow seersucker dress I bought. :)

BeBopBaby

One Too Many
Pink Dahlia said:
Wow Bebop those shoes are terribly cute but not in my price range!

I know, the only reason I'm considering buying a pair is because I have problems with my feet and can't wear inexpensive shoes because they aren't usually aren't as well made. Cheaper shoes without arch support and good foot support (I have extremely high arches that give me a lot of problems with plantar fasciitis) can be pretty painful for me to wear. These shoes have good, sturdy footbeds with arch supports and thicker vintage styled heels. I can't wear 99% of the shoes posted in this thread because of my feet - so to find good vintage repros is a real treat for me.

ShooShooBaby

One Too Many
WOW those are some fantastic shoes! please let us know how they feel, when you get a pair!

i try not to be the hoarding type when it comes to new shoes (vintage shoes are another story though), so having one pair eat up my whole shoe budget would probably be a good thing...

Pink Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
I'm so sorry Kim!

Funny thing today someone asked me how many pairs of shoes I had. I said there wasn't a number that high. lol

Daisy Buchanan

I'm glad I could be of help JBD. They are really cute! I can't wait to get them, especially now that the weather is starting to warm up a bit. Although must wait til after Memorial Day to wear them:(

BeBop thanks so much for the link to that shoe store. I can't believe I've never been there before. What wonderful shoes they have. Thanks, and my check book thanks you too, yeah right!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy