Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cute Vintage-y Shoes

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hi all (again:))

Just to let y'all know, for those of you who like the Mia Esie peep toe wedge, I found them here. This place seems to have the lowest price. The Mia online store has them for less than Zappos, however Zappos has free shipping, so in the end they turn out to be less than the Mia online store. But, the above link has them for $59.95 and free shipping, so they're a little less than Zappos and the Mia online store. Either way, lots of stores have them, if you're interested. They are really cute and incredibly comfy. Perfect for those cute springy/summery outfits you all are looking forward to wearing:)

Daisy Buchanan

Well, in all my hunting, I had to buy the red shoes directly from Mia, for they were the only site that had my size. Shipping wasn't too much more. I also came across these cute wedges that have a bit of a vintagey look to them. They come in black, brown and red too.
b1964.jpg

Daisy Buchanan

Pink Dahlia said:
Ooh they have brown too! :D

I know, I debated getting them in brown too. But, no matter how much I like them, I think two pairs is enough. Besides I have plenty of brown shoes that I already don't have many things to wear with. I got the above wedges in black. They look like a pair of shoes that are dressy enough to wear with a dress, yet comfy enough to walk around the city in. I might try to find some leather bow shoe clips for them, try to make them look like the Re-mix shoes with the bows. I really want to get a few pairs of Re-mix, but I keep spending money on other things and can't bring myself to take the plunge. But, from what I hear they are really comfortable, so I might just splurge and get one pair. I just wish they took orders online. I know it's not hard to give them a call to place the order, but it's so much more convenient just to do it all online.
And Dahlia, if you do take the plunge and buy the Mia wedges, they are incredibly well made for the price and I know I've said this a zillion times, but they are really comfortable. I just wish I lived in an area where I could get away with wearing white shoes before Memorial Day. This is a major fashion faux pas in the Northeast. I don't know what the rules are in other areas, but I guess if you live in a warm climate you wear white all year round. I think if the weather is warm enough I can get away with wearing the red ones before then, but it has to be really warm.

Pink Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
Daisy, I bookmarked the Mia shoes so I could possibly buy them. I still, however, like to keep my shoe purchases around the same price as dress purchases ($20). Anything higher than that I start to feel guilty.

Boy your buying diet really bit the dust this weekend eh Daisy?

miss noir

New in Town
i bought these last year - yes i had to have both colours just in case i never found them again! they are Blu Shu brand, which i think is a UK company?

best. shoes. ever :D

blushuuuz.jpg

olive bleu

One Too Many
Has anyone been to winners lately? I had to go grocery shopping today and Winners just HAPPENS to be next door:D ....I lollygagged for an hour before i finally tore myself away, but i saw these adorable green espaderilles with white polkadots. Then i was trying to find them online when i came home..Does winners no longer have online shopping?Have i lost my mind?

Shearer

Practically Family
Yikes, those are all cute... I looked through the suggested shoes down at the bottom too. It's like the flat rate for shoes is $150!

I feel the same way when I look at Fluevogs. Damn you, John Fluevog and your cute Victorian boots! :rage: lol

I'm weird about shoes, though. I love em to death, but I'd rather spend the cash on something above the ankles so I rarely buy expensive shoes.

Pink Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
I have zero pairs of expensive shoes. Especially when there are shoes out there that are super cute and inexpensive.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto