Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cute Vintage-y Shoes

C

cherry_bomb

i couldn't agree more!!

how quickly do they ship? i'd love to have them for the airshow this weekend!!

rubyredlocks

Practically Family
I think it's the normal 3 to 7 days,but I'm sure they'd ship them faster if you inquired.Never hurts to ask.

jitterbugdoll

Call Me a Cab
I have a pair of their wedges too--very nice! They offer top quality reproductions and are a great option if you are a hard to find size, and also if you going to be attending an event where you do not want to risk wearing your vintage. I'd love it if they'd offer more color options in the wedges and platforms...

Katydid

One of the Regulars
cherry_bomb said:
i couldn't agree more!!

how quickly do they ship? i'd love to have them for the airshow this weekend!!
Are you going to Reading????? You'll LOVE it! I'm going too and I absolutely can't wait! I hope you have a good time. It's fun even if it rains!

jitterbugdoll

Call Me a Cab
I've had my pair for a couple of years now (I actually scored them used on eBay for about half price, but I would buy another pair for full price as I have been very pleased with them) and they have held up very well. I am extremely hard on shoes (I roll my feet outward and wear down the soles very quickly) and aside from some general scuffing that I plan on touching up soon (I just need to buy some water-based paint), they are in still great shape. They are also excellent for dancing.

Also, I do think the 1930s styles they added would be well worth it, as the actual vintage shoes I generally see tend to be especially narrow--these give some nice options :)

C

cherry_bomb

Katydid- Yeap! I'm going to the Reading Airshow. I'm super excited!! (I've got my outfit picked out and everything! lol) Is there a place that any FL's are going to meet? I haven't heard anything in regards to that, but I'd love to meet up!!

As far as shoes go- I wear through most of my heels in about a year anyway and pay not too much less than remix ones anyway... As long as they're comfortable and period appropriate, I'm a happy girl!!

Katydid

One of the Regulars
Cherry, I don't know anything about FL's meeting either although I'm sure there are some. If you run into me, though I'll probably be in the Pacific with a Phillipine unit. Look for a quonset hut, Tomy's Bar, a weapons carrier, and a Harley WLA. Just ask for Kate. I'm a short Asian girl, can't miss me. Maybe we'll run into each other! I'm taking an ungodly amount of money (for me anyway) and I hope I find some good stuff while I'm there. Have fun!

The remix shoes are awfully cute. I want to invest in a pair sometime soon, especially after the good reviews.

Snookie

Practically Family
I've had my Remix wedgies for a couple years, but I've got mixed feelings. I think the leather is too stiff, there's no support (and my shoes are too strappy for insoles), and almost immediately after buying them some of the stitching came loose and a buckle on my ankle strap came off. They sat in my closet for months until I decided I had to wear heels for dancing, so I stitched the buckle back on.
I've worn them constantly since then, and the best thing is that once I broke them in the leather sole has been perfect on every dance floor -- never too slick or sticky. Serviceable shoes, but (IMHO) not worth the price these days.

Not with these other great shoes out there!

C

cherry_bomb

Katydid- I'll make sure to keep an eye out for you. I'll be wandering around in an ivory/ brown/ orange floral dress, brown shoes and hat... keep an eye out for a tall redhead!!

I just ordered my remix shoes- luggage brown rita's... the man taking my order was rather unfriendly and I felt like I was putting him out. But they were able to rush me my shoes, so hopefully today when I get home, they'll be waiting for me!! I'll let you all know how it works out!

C

cherry_bomb

I did get the shoes yesterday!! They're beautiful! I am concerned about the glue that is holding down the bow... The man on the phone said that it was a sewn down bow, not a clip on... It's actually a glued down - clip on bow. [huh]

but other than that, they fit well- true to size, the color (luggage brown) is awesome! and they're incredibly comfortable.

colleency

One of the Regulars
I just bought the shoes in the very first link. I hope they work for me! I've never had luck buying shoes online, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. They're so cute! I can't wait!

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Yay shoes!!!!

Ah, someone posted Old Pueblo Traders, one of the best places on the net to find supercute secretary blouses.

I LOVE old skool schoes, but Im not a fan of heels. I know contradictory.
PF Flyers had the most precious canvis oxfords with brown and pink piping. I grabbed then tute sweet.

http://www.zappos.com/n/p/p/7173499.html
This isnt the exact style, they were for women, but are not on the site any longer.

My real goal is to find a non leather Penny loafer. Any ideas?

LD

skinnychik

One of the Regulars
Caledonia said:
Try this.

http://www.dancestore.com/shoeswomens.html

I've got the Iris Allen Rugcutter. They are fabulous. Stick to your feet like glue and are so comfortable its unbelievable.

I have the Rugcutters too, and I LOVE them. I know that they are "dance" shoes, but I wear them everywhere. They have a great footbed, so there's no problem when I'm on my feet all day. The laces make the fit quite adjustable too, which is important with my big, fat, wide feet.

decodoll

Practically Family
Super Cute Vintagey Casual Shoes!!

I saw these posted somewhere else and thought the gals here would be interested. They're supposed to be inspired from classic beach shoes of the 1940's. I plan to start off with the navy and go from there! :D

127510_1_alv.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana