Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cute Vintage-y Shoes

ITG

Call Me a Cab
I'm curious if you would go sockless with these or wear socks. I have a pair of some in a similar style that are white but I feel they look stupid with my white socks but yet I feel funny wearing a non-sandal shoe without socks.

rubyredlocks

Practically Family
They remind me of a ballet slipper,so I would go sockless.
I'm with everyone and loving them in navy as well.
I also wouldn't mind picking up a pair of the new keds that have a similar look,as well as the classic white canvas keds.

RetroMom

One of the Regulars
The Navy ones get my vote too!:eusa_clap

I saw them, in my old standby the Vermont Country Store catalog.

As far as wearing them with/without socks, years ago there used to be a type of sock called PEDS (I don't know if they still make them), they basically were a very low rise sock that was way below the ankle and would be ideal for these type of shoes, as they would give you the protection of a sock but not be noticable.

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
I always cut up old socks, ones that have gone through at the heel or are about to. I cut them from the side, in a sort of nike swoosh so they cover my toes and the bottom of my foot inside the shoe, but don't show at all. I just cannot go sockless. My feet just sweat like mad and it makes my shoes rub, and get stinky quicker (sorry, probably TMI!!)

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
That's the great thing about women, we bring LOTS of extra shoes :D Great thing about dressing vintage also, is that the chance of a couple of us showing up with the same outfit is VERY minimal :)

Vanessa

One Too Many
mysterygal said:
That's the great thing about women, we bring LOTS of extra shoes :D Great thing about dressing vintage also, is that the chance of a couple of us showing up with the same outfit is VERY minimal :)

Unless we've all made the same gown from the same pattern. Doh!
:eusa_doh:

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
lol I can just see us all at the QM, Friday night dinner...the look of horror on our faces, and then a stampede of angry women going back to their rooms to look for something different to wear :p

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I came in a little late on this post, but wow, those are the cutest shoes. They look so comfortable too, which is very important for someone like me who's feet are constantly a pain in the you know what.
So, I guess we should all warn each other before we go to the QM. Or, we could all get them, and wear them, and just tell people who ask that we are part of a very special club (hehe). The guys all dress identical, and they don't have a problem with it. Then again, it just shows how un-creative they can be. They all strive to have the same outfits, have any of you noticed? Maybe I notice it more because I live with Hemingway Jones. But he sees a pair of khakis that a friend got, and they are so perfectly correct for the era, and will look great with his "aviator" look, and he'll go and buy a pair. We are the total opposite, we want to look as different from one another as possible, even if the person we are trying to differ from is a total knockout, and we secretly wished that we looked like them!
So, I say, if you like it, buy it. And if I end up looking almost like someone else, I hope they wouldn't run off to their room and change, for that might be insulting. They should just laugh at one another, take it as a complement, be honoured that someone thinks that you have great enough taste that it's worth emulating in public.
Or, we could just give the guys what they want and act like typical woman and storm of to our cabins to sort through the mounds and mounds of clothes that we dragged across the country, wasting probably more than an hour, an hour that could have been spent chatting it up and having a merry time. After all, we are ladies. Part of our intrigue is that we are not like the girls of today who all want to look alike, we strive to be different.
OK, so a lot of what I've just written is meant to be silly sarcasm! I realize that's hard to put across in writing, but really, I'm just trying to be silly. Hmfphh, I think boredom of being out of work is finally getting to me when my attempts to be silly have to be explained, and are not at all obvious:eek:

Snookie

Practically Family
Fleur De Guerre said:
I always cut up old socks, ones that have gone through at the heel or are about to. I cut them from the side, in a sort of nike swoosh so they cover my toes and the bottom of my foot inside the shoe, but don't show at all. I just cannot go sockless. My feet just sweat like mad and it makes my shoes rub, and get stinky quicker (sorry, probably TMI!!)

I really don't like wearing socks with shoes like that, I just use lots of Lysol!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points