Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cute Vintage-y Shoes

ITG

Call Me a Cab
Yep, it was Easy Spirit that had the basketball commercials. That has always stuck out for me. The last Easy Spirits I had were black loafer style but the soles wore down fast and actually had chunks that came off. Comfortable but not made to last in my opinion. One thing I like about ES is many of their shoes come in 10.5, which is size that is rarely made in shoe lines elsewhere.

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
that's one thing I've noticed, is that shoes just don't last that long anymore, or maybe it's because I'm too hard on them [huh] Now, that summer's just about here...these were some good pics to get me in the mood for sandal and summer dress shoe shopping :D

Rosie

One Too Many
Glad you all said that

I thought it was just me. I buy a shoe and like a year or so later, they are all but destroyed. I thought, "I must be REALLY hard on a shoe" lol

It was ES with those commercials "looks like a pump, feels like a sneaker", I remember those.

I alson found this store, which sells cute vintage like shoes though they are supposed to be for dancing. The great thing about this place is, you can choose the heel height you want from 1 inch to about 4 I think. Check it out:

http://www.danceshoesonline.com/catalog.html

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
wow, and double wow...now this is my kind of website !;) love the shoes...a girl could go on one serious shopping spree there...I'm glad you posted this Rosie, me and the hubby are going to start swing dance classes so, didn't even think about getting the right shoes for it!

Amapola

Familiar Face
I cannot believe the volume of shoes there! Now when someone asks what I want for my birthday, anniversary, holidays, etc., I know exactly where to send them!!!

Thanks, Rosie!

CA Rosie

New in Town
Have any of you girls tried dancing in these yet? Finding danceable vintage shoes (other than keds & saddle shoes) is quite tough. Once the gas prices go down, I get to go shoe shopping!!!!:eusa_clap

LizzieMaine

Bartender
CA Rosie said:
Have any of you girls tried dancing in these yet? Finding danceable vintage shoes (other than keds & saddle shoes) is quite tough. Once the gas prices go down, I get to go shoe shopping!!!!:eusa_clap

Well, I haven't really danced in them -- unless you count practicing fox-trot steps in the projection booth during musical numbers -- but they're made by a company that specializes in dance shoes, so that should count for something. They have a sort of composition sole -- not sticky like rubber, but not like a leather dance sole either -- so I guess it would depend on how vigorously you'd plan to dance in them. And as I said in an earlier post, a comfort insole cushion would be a good idea too!

magneto

Practically Family
Good news!

I mentioned in my earlier post that when I ordered the Kiltie shoes, the web page said "Availability 6/2/06" so I was resigned to waiting a month. But tonight I got an email that my order was shipped today! Yay! Hopefully other people who bought the shoes and saw the same delayed-availability note will have the same good fortune.

16_sparrows

Vendor
Oooh, I just found these vintage looking Steve Madden's! I normally don't go for Steve Madden's because of their lack of comfort, but the reviews seem to suggest they are nice on the feet. Hmmm, I wish I had the $ to buy them! Darn grad school! It puts a hole in my shoe fund. lol

magneto

Practically Family
Received shoes...

Just thought I'd post a little review since I received the shoes I ordered, in today's mail. I'm between a 6 1/2 and a 7 with a wide foot, so I ordered the 6 1/2 wide...glad I didn't get a 7 as it seems to run a bit big? I've tried them on with some padded insoles added and they fit fine (thank heaven, I hate returning things...) The sole is quite flexible and thin and they feel quite comfortable in the half-hour I've been wearing them round the house. I will wear them out today and see how they go. Thanks again for the recommendation!

16_sparrows

Vendor
Magneto, Thanks for the update! I was actually going to order that style soon. I've just been trying to figur eout which color I should get (I think I have decided on the grey).

Which color did you get?

LizzieMaine

Bartender
I just received the smooth-black kilties I ordered at the end of March (they were on back order for yonks, but finally are back in stock!) -- and of the four pairs I've gotten so far (two of the perforated style and two of the kilties) these seem the most comfy yet -- very soft leather, and with this pair I dont even seem to need the insoles.

Shoe heaven, that's what it is. Shoe heaven.

magneto

Practically Family
16_sparrows said:
Magneto, Thanks for the update! I was actually going to order that style soon. I've just been trying to figur eout which color I should get (I think I have decided on the grey).

Which color did you get?

You're welcome! I got the black leather. I second Lizzie's comments, they are incredibly soft/light and comfy.

Etienne

A-List Customer
Don't know if this information could be useful to anyone or not, but I had been searching for eons for navy pumps that are (or at least look) 40's style. I was in Virginia this last week and went into Hecht's (which I had never even heard of!) and I found a darling pair of closed-toe, rounded front navy pumps with a 3 inch+ heel--VERY cute!! The heel is not spiked but is a bit thicker, like 40's shoes were. I am so glad I found them!! What a search this has been!

rubyredlocks

Practically Family
I have 4 pair of the wedges and my hubby just splurged on the white bucks.
Love my wedges and am saving for the babydolls.
Worth the splurge if you find it difficult to find vintage shoes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Takatāpui