Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cute Vintage-y Shoes

BeBopBaby

One Too Many
~*Red*~ said:
OOh, Idledame, I am planning on getting those wedgies too! Tell me how you like them when they arrive! :D

Idledame, what website did you get the Golc wedges from? I was looking for a pair in a size 9, but can't find that size anywhere.

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
BeBopBaby said:
Idledame, what website did you get the Golc wedges from? I was looking for a pair in a size 9, but can't find that size anywhere.
I had the same problem. Shoebuy was the only place I could find them and only in 7 and 8. :(

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
leaette said:
those brown wedges are AWESOME!!! i want to know the website too. must have them!
www.shoebuy.com has the best price. I think they only have size 37 and 38 which is US 7 and 8 I think. I couldn't find them anywhere else.
I think that's were Idledame got hers based on the pics she posted.

Idledame

Practically Family

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Does anyone know where a gal can find retro wooden slides or even wedges? I love the Lucky Lou ones but would prefer something a little less expensive, and also something that comes in white :)

These are perfect and exactly what I'm looking for, but they don't come in the right color.

pinupgirlclothing_1989_220182617

Honey Doll

Practically Family
KittyT said:
Does anyone know where a gal can find retro wooden slides or even wedges? I love the Lucky Lou ones but would prefer something a little less expensive, and also something that comes in white :)

These are perfect and exactly what I'm looking for, but they don't come in the right color.

pinupgirlclothing_1989_220182617

Kitty

I got a pair of carved wooden shoes (bakyas) directly from a place in the Phillipines online. I think I paid maybe $30 or so. They have the village scene carved into the heel and the top is a cream colored crochet but like in your pic. I'll see if I can find that site.

Honey Doll

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Honey Doll said:
Kitty

I got a pair of carved wooden shoes (bakyas) directly from a place in the Phillipines online. I think I paid maybe $30 or so. They have the village scene carved into the heel and the top is a cream colored crochet but like in your pic. I'll see if I can find that site.

Honey Doll, thank you! Even knowing the correct term for them has been helpful. I immediately found photos of the ones with the crochet vamp, and this proves to be EXACTLY what I'd love. I haven't yet been able to find a place that sells them though. One site's link was broken, and many other sites aren't in English. I'll keep looking, thanks again.

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Honey Doll said:
I nosed around online. I haven't come up with the site where I ordered mine, but they do have a pic of a similar pair on

http://www.tatakpilipino.com/default.asp

I couldn't see where you could order them, but might be worth a call. The number of the shop is 800-828-2577

Thanks, Honey Doll. I did find this site yesterday, but not this page that shoes the design in regular heels as well as wedges. The phone number is most helpful!

Fleur De Guerre said:
Kitty, there's a place in Hawaii doing verrrrrry similar shoes to LL, and a bit cheaper, plus they have the crochet ones. Not $30 cheap though!

http://craftshawaii.com/

They're very nice too, sadly they don't do size 11s of I'd have ordered from them.

Thanks for this link! Love their stuff. Not much cheaper, but still cheaper, and great variety.

Thanks for all of your help, ladies!

Sunny

One Too Many
DimeADanceQueen said:
I just found these on www.delias.com of all places. I checked the Keds Website and Amazon. Everyone is hovering around the $59/$60 range, which might not be that bad, as I remember Keds wearing pretty well!

RetroKeds.gif
:) :) :)

They come in navy blue and in green and white!

I totally fell for these in green and white:

164550_1_alv.jpg

Description: As much a conversation piece as it is a truly unique addition to your wardrobe, the Retro from Keds is a vintage style with a fun, eclectic look that's sure to turn heads this season. Inspired by the 1950s Kedette collection, this classic peep-toe wedge features a sturdy canvas upper with contrast trim to catch the eye and lace-up detailing that pulls together its distinctive look. Quilted cotton lining ensures a comfortable stride, while the rubber outsole provides a steady step.

They just arrived last night and I am THRILLED! I honestly can't tell that the shape or last or design or anything but the fabrics and colors have been updated. They could honestly have come straight out of a vintage catalog! The peeptoe is a perfect shape, the vamp is nice and high and narrow (very vintage and not modern!) for security with the lacing just right, and particularly the heel back is high and curved to keep it on. The wedge, too, is a perfect height, about 2-2 1/2" because of the platform. It's not the typical 3" wedge, IMO too high for a casual shoe, and it's not less than 2", which although comfortable and practical, look like 1970s granny-style wedges. The quilted sole is nice and comfy. They just feel splendid on, secure and comfortable and classy and practical all at once. Also, the plaid wedge seemed to "disappear" visually, leaving the slim white upper floating above the ground. Although I love wedges because they're vintage, I still don't like the blocky, solid look many have. These don't have that. I'm in love! If/when the price goes down, I'm going to get the navy ones, too! I'm just about a perfect 9 medium and these were great. My toes were in the perfect place, peeping nicely but not hanging over the end when I walk nor feeling too short. They just might be snug on a wide foot, because of the relative narrowness of the vamp, but they're by no means narrow themselves.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR