Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cute Vintage-y Shoes

lyburnum

Practically Family
I ended up finding these today in Marks & Spencers and getting them instead:

41aQKoCCawL_SX280_SH35_.jpg

Only £25 and absolutely divine :D They're much nicer than the photo makes out.

Smuterella

One Too Many
lyburnum said:

they have some great shoes in there at the moment

lyburnum

Practically Family
I also bought these today from Karen Millen for my sisters bridesmaid outfit. They are so so beautiful, and they only had them left in her size! Reduced from £120 to £80 so not cheap but not as expensive as they were.

Picture33-1.jpg

Jess

I just got these cute Mary Jane's! I was nervous about buying online but it worked out well. I'm hanging onto them and wearing around the house to make sure they'll fit. :)

Very cute! :)

~*Red*~

Practically Family
BegintheBeguine said:
I've been waiting to get these for years. Just ordered two pair: http://www.shoeparlor.com/istar.asp?a=6&id=LUXI_BLACK!CHI
I've seen this style in old pictures my dad had of his girl friends! :)
I have these shoes! I have them in black and the white ones with the cherries on them. They are super comfy and easy to dance in too! I love them! Every time I have worn them I always get compliments. :D

SarahLouise

Practically Family
lyburnum said:

I've got those! They are gorgeous, very 40s.

BegintheBeguine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Quote:
Originally Posted by BegintheBeguine
I've been waiting to get these for years. Just ordered two pair: http://www.shoeparlor.com/istar.asp?...LUXI_BLACK!CHI
I've seen this style in old pictures my dad had of his girl friends!

I have these shoes! I have them in black and the white ones with the cherries on them. They are super comfy and easy to dance in too! I love them! Every time I have worn them I always get compliments.
Thanks! My big sister got some in the 70s from Woolworth's after reading about the cute 40s-style old-lady shoes there in a cool teen fashion magazine at the time called New Ingenue. Hers wore out pretty quickly which is why I bought two pair. (My home computer was misbehaving this morning and I ended up deleting my posts by mistake; pardon for the awkward quoting.)
Ashley

retrogirl1941

One Too Many
BegintheBeguine said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BegintheBeguine
I've been waiting to get these for years. Just ordered two pair: http://www.shoeparlor.com/istar.asp?...LUXI_BLACK!CHI
I've seen this style in old pictures my dad had of his girl friends!

I have these shoes! I have them in black and the white ones with the cherries on them. They are super comfy and easy to dance in too! I love them! Every time I have worn them I always get compliments.
Thanks! My big sister got some in the 70s from Woolworth's after reading about the cute 40s-style old-lady shoes there in a cool teen fashion magazine at the time called New Ingenue. Hers wore out pretty quickly which is why I bought two pair. (My home computer was misbehaving this morning and I ended up deleting my posts by mistake; pardon for the awkward quoting.)
Ashley

Does anyone know where I can get a larger size in that style(the black not the cherries)? I have fallen in love with those shoes and now have to have a pair!

Samantha

Laura Chase

One Too Many
ShrinkingViolet said:
These Chie Mihara shoes from Anthropologie are so beautiful!
I suppose they are from the new AW collection so they must be available from a European retailer, I hope ...

The link doesn't lead me to any cute Chie shoes, can you tell me what the model is called on Anthropologie? If they are not available on chiemihara.com, then you can perhaps phone them and ask how to get them in Europe.

ShrinkingViolet

A-List Customer
Whoopsie! They are called Cabaret Heels on the Anthropologie site. I really like the slightly flared shape of the heel.
Good idea about phoning the office, I might do that :)

Laura Chase

One Too Many
ShrinkingViolet said:
Whoopsie! They are called Cabaret Heels on the Anthropologie site. I really like the slightly flared shape of the heel.
Good idea about phoning the office, I might do that :)

Those are very nice shoes! I think a lot of those new Chie models on Anthropologie look cute. I also like Lipstick Suede Peep-Toes because they're fun. And there is also a pair of wedges called Shrinking Violet Slingbacks! ;)

i_am_the_scruff

A-List Customer
Can I ask you ladies a question.

Yesterday I found myself walking through London (covent garden), using the tube etc without any shoes on while it was raining. the reason being, my feet were absolutely killing me because of my shoes. (and those cobbled pavements and roads don't help). They are about 5 inches high, and the only pair of shoes I own. (i'm usually in trainers or if it's hot then my birkenstocks). Anyway.. I hadn't had them on very long before they started really hurting. What do you girls do to stop your shoes hurting so much? I paid good money for these shoes and I really like them so I don't want them just sitting there. Help please :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy