Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cute Vintage-y Shoes

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
067255_1_600x600.jpg

I bought these from Payless but returned them because they were not on sale. That was two weeks ago, now they are :)

LD

RebeccaMUA

One of the Regulars
My latest purchases

I bought the ballet flats (which I absolutely love!) a while back, but the heels I bought a couple of evenings ago. They are all so comfy and vintage-y...heaven ;)

shoe4.jpg

shoe3.jpg

shoe2.jpg

shoe1.jpg

crwritt

One Too Many
just_me said:
Thanks for the great info LizzieMaine. I had a pair of beige and brown saddle shoes. I'd love another pair of those.

Saddle shoes in 1937:

cv060737.jpg

My Mom wore saddle shoes as a kid. Her favorite pair had see through plastic saddles, so the color of her socks showed through. She loves to tell about it.

ShoreRoadLady

Practically Family
So many cute shoes! *drools shamelessly*

One thing I've noticed with a lot of vintage-look (as opposed to repro) shoes is how low the vamp is compared to true vintage. Seems like whenever I see a cute vintagey shoe and try it on, the vamp scoops far too low, showing the ends of my toes and making my foot slip out. Very annoying. :(

sian kisses

One of the Regulars
I remember an episode of the v. non vintage sex and the city. Toe cleavage is v. sexy.

i personally like it, and most of my shoes have it.

LelaViavonie

Practically Family
Ladies!!!!

I want to buy the Dara Wedge from amazon.. but if Im a size 6 1/2 then what size should I get? it dosnet look like they have any half sizes with the remix shoes?? Am I just looking in the wrong place?

Inky

One Too Many
Here is remix's wedge size chart for the Dara, maybe this could help?

http://remixvintageshoes.com/daraplatfchart.html

I buy true to size (I wear a 10 and buy a 10) from remix. The only ones that were a slight loose fit were the Gilda that ended up a bit loose in the right heel only and I put one of those silicone pads there and it was perfect. I have the Pathway in grass green and bought the 10 and it was fine.

Hope this helps!

LelaViavonie

Practically Family
Thanks Inky... im still not sure if I should get the larger size then.. im affraid to buy a six and then they are way to tight on my feet... do the shoes stretch to fit over time? Do you happen to know?

Inky

One Too Many
LelaViavonie said:
Thanks Inky... im still not sure if I should get the larger size then.. im affraid to buy a six and then they are way to tight on my feet... do the shoes stretch to fit over time? Do you happen to know?

The pairs I wear the most (the style with the clip on bow and the pathways) have not stretched enough to notice, and definitely not a full size. I've had the clip on ones for about a year and wear them dancing often. The pathways I have not worn that much.

When you buy your shoes normally, do you buy a 7 or a 6? Also, you can always put one of those heel liners in or a pad in the ball of the foot area to take up some slack if they are a little loose perhaps? I bought a pair of NOS 40's oxfords in a 10E, which were a tad wide, so I put another insole in and it was a perfect fit. Sometimes you just have to tweak those shoes into submission! I hate tight shoes, so I go up to an 11 if in doubt for myself.

LelaViavonie

Practically Family
Inky said:
The pairs I wear the most (the style with the clip on bow and the pathways) have not stretched enough to notice, and definitely not a full size. I've had the clip on ones for about a year and wear them dancing often. The pathways I have not worn that much.

When you buy your shoes normally, do you buy a 7 or a 6? Also, you can always put one of those heel liners in or a pad in the ball of the foot area to take up some slack if they are a little loose perhaps? I bought a pair of NOS 40's oxfords in a 10E, which were a tad wide, so I put another insole in and it was a perfect fit. Sometimes you just have to tweak those shoes into submission! I hate tight shoes, so I go up to an 11 if in doubt for myself.

I normally buy a 6 1/2 cause the six can be too small and the seven is WAY to big on me. Sometimes the size 6 1/2 with stretch and they become to big on me...

I just busted out my ruler and measured my foot and It measured 9"... so from the chart that you posted.. im thinking I should go with the six :)

Boy I hope Im right.. LOL THank goodness Amazon is good with returns.. :)

Lily Powers

Practically Family
LelaViavonie said:
Ladies!!!!

I want to buy the Dara Wedge from amazon.. but if Im a size 6 1/2 then what size should I get? it dosnet look like they have any half sizes with the remix shoes?? Am I just looking in the wrong place?

I wear a 6 1/2 too and in the Re-Mix wedges, I take a 7. I have 2-pair, Greta and the Spectator Pump (thank you, Amazon) and they fit perfectly. If you're unsure, go to http://www.remixvintageshoes.com and double check the recommendation for sizing. Also, Amazon has that "7M" and "7M US" - they are the same sizes.

Inky

One Too Many
LelaViavonie said:
I normally buy a 6 1/2 cause the six can be too small and the seven is WAY to big on me. Sometimes the size 6 1/2 with stretch and they become to big on me...

I just busted out my ruler and measured my foot and It measured 9"... so from the chart that you posted.. im thinking I should go with the six :)

Boy I hope Im right.. LOL THank goodness Amazon is good with returns.. :)

Let us know they fit - and I am so envious of your tiny feet!!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy