Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cute Vintage-y Shoes

jetgirl

One of the Regulars
I love these. I've searching for a great pair of work boots. I just wish I could find a nice pair of 6" vintage looking ones that come in a women's 7.5 - 38.

Viola said:
I just bought a pair of mens' Red Wing boots... I think I'm in love. Comfortable, classic looking, no nylon bits or padded cuff like so many work boots have, and welted construction so I can get them resoled.

I'm one of those who wear long skirts w/ boots, though.

I wouldn't go lindy-hopping in them, but they feel real nice.

http://www.redwingshoes.com/productdetails.aspx?prodid=1061
Sort of classic if not adorable, right?

Inky

One Too Many
I love oxfords and am currently obsessed with blue shoes - today I came across these on Stevemadden.com

TIRAH_BLUE_zoom.jpg

December

One of the Regulars
I have been wondering something for the past few days and wonder if anyone here could help me?

I understand that people generally were smaller in the mid-century period, and therefore they would have smaller feet which makes it impossible for me to find vintage shoes on Etsy. But it seems that whenever I look for shoes on US sites, vintage or otherwise, they are all tiny.

I am a UK size 6 which is very average for a woman here. This would make me a US 8.5, which seems to be massive by US standards.

Is there a difference in average foot size across the pond?

Smuterella

One Too Many
Hi

I've bought quite a few pairs of vintage shoes for my UK 5.5 size feet via eBay and Etsy. You just need to be patient. I always, always go by the inside measurtement rath than any size quoted.

Happy hunting!

crwritt

One Too Many
December said:
I have been wondering something for the past few days and wonder if anyone here could help me?

I understand that people generally were smaller in the mid-century period, and therefore they would have smaller feet which makes it impossible for me to find vintage shoes on Etsy. But it seems that whenever I look for shoes on US sites, vintage or otherwise, they are all tiny.

I am a UK size 6 which is very average for a woman here. This would make me a US 8.5, which seems to be massive by US standards.

No, 8.5-9.5 are quite common, probably average size feet. I think that since you are looking for average size shoes in a type of footwear that is becoming more rare, and the teency sizes are what is left.

Smuterella

One Too Many
ah and let me know what measurement and styles you are looking for and I will let you know if I see anything in my regular eBay trawls. :)

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
Inky said:
I love oxfords and am currently obsessed with blue shoes - today I came across these on Stevemadden.com

TIRAH_BLUE_zoom.jpg

I love those! After perusing the Everyday Women thread, I was on the hunt for some flat, strappy sandals to wear in the summer. I found these, and although they could hardly be described as repro, they (the uppers at least - many have the same leather strappy construction but a heel or wedge) aren't a million miles from many of those I've seen in photos in that thread.

1709081020_main.jpg

Can't wait for them to arrive. I like the gold version too.

Paris1925

New in Town
Where oh where?

Fleur, where did you find those fabulous sandals! I don't usually like white sandals but I love these!

Lorelai99

One of the Regulars
December said:

I have the same problem. I wear anywhere from a US 8-8.5 and have never found a pair of vintage shoes that aren't AAA (aka way too narrow in the toes), something I would wear and not $200...

Miss Sis

One Too Many
December said:

Shoes in this size are very collectable. They get snapped up or go for alot on Ebay. I'm a 6 1/2 - 7 UK size and I have quite alot of shoes that I've collected over the last 7 or 8 years but it's trial and error, especially if you're buying without being able to try them on.

As Smutterella says, measure shoes that fit you well (best to measure internally) and go by the measurements given by sellers. They do turn up. You might be best to look on English Ebay - although they can go high in price they are usually cheaper than US Ebay or Etsy.

Octavia

Familiar Face
I got these shoes this past Christmas and they've become my go-to, everyday shoes. Love these things. They're really durable and comfy. They seemed sort of vintage-y to me...if not anything else, they're adorable.

AAAADHSJrC4AAAAAAI6TUg.jpg

By the way, this thread is really dangerous! :eek:

Gracie Lee

A-List Customer
Octavia said:
I got these shoes this past Christmas and they've become my go-to, everyday shoes. Love these things. They're really durable and comfy. They seemed sort of vintage-y to me...if not anything else, they're adorable.

AAAADHSJrC4AAAAAAI6TUg.jpg

By the way, this thread is really dangerous! :eek:

I love those, and I want them. Where did you get them, who are they by? Thanks!

Octavia

Familiar Face
^ I think they were ordered from here (very unfortunately out of stock at the moment), but they're by Chelsea Crew, according to the shoebox.
Modcloth does tend to restock items if you request it, however, so don't let the out of stock status discourage you. :)

D

Deleted member 12480

I know something similar has already been posted here but i'm really struggling.

I need some black very very low heel or flat shoes that i can wear to school. I thought about oxfords but i'm not sure if they'd look right with my pencil skirt - i might look stumpy. (i have to wear uniform)

I walk two miles there and back every day so they need to be decent quality. I checked Clarks and the only decent ones i could find were kind of too high, or a bit too modern pensioner-y. :(

any help?

it'd also be good if they were in the UK so i could send/take them back without it costing loads and loads of money.

m_luvsartdeco

One of the Regulars
deleteduser said:
I know something similar has already been posted here but i'm really struggling.

I need some black very very low heel or flat shoes that i can wear to school. I thought about oxfords but i'm not sure if they'd look right with my pencil skirt - i might look stumpy. (i have to wear uniform)

I walk two miles there and back every day so they need to be decent quality. I checked Clarks and the only decent ones i could find were kind of too high, or a bit too modern pensioner-y. :(

any help?

it'd also be good if they were in the UK so i could send/take them back without it costing loads and loads of money.

these are from USA...not sure if anyone has posted them here yet but they are very expensive but cute...look at the wedges/ platforms to see if you may be able to use these styles....I find that wedges give me more support and I can walk in them for long hours.... here's the website:

http://remixvintageshoes.com/ good luck!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner