CXL from Aero. Creases from improper storage. Examples??

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by sweetfights, Aug 22, 2019.

1. sweetfights

sweetfights Call Me a Cab

Great example where the neck and shoulder seam meet.
    Thank you.

2. sweetfights

This is probably textbook on exactly what the Aero website describes.

3. jacketjunkie

jacketjunkie One Too Many

My jackets all are on 1€ IKEA hangers (they have this extra thing you can put on the hangers for them to resemble the shape of a more rounded hanger) and one year in, no creases in sight. My only jacket that has these creases is the Aero HWM and I'm fairly confident to say these formed while wearing the jacket.

sweetfights and Monitor like this.
  4. sweetfights

I have some of those IKEA hanger add ons too. Got them just for leather jacket hanging.
    It seems what makes CXL so special also makes it more vulnerable to creases.

5. Cooperson

Cooperson One Too Many

Neck seam creases that ruin the way the front panels hang have always been a pet hate of mine. Whilst I agree poor hangers can be an issue, the original patten cut and the assembly of a jacket is a far greater factor. I have plenty of images of jackets, fresh out the box, with horrendous neck line creases that totally ruin the drape of the front panels. Unfortunately, this subject has been discussed previously and for some reason tends to stir up a veritable storm, it’s probably best avoided.

Carlos840, sweetfights, Dav and 2 others like this.
  6. Bennarion

Bennarion One Too Many

That's what they write in Aero
    Screenshot_2019-08-22-13-16-44-174_com.android.chrome.jpg

sweetfights likes this.
  7. ai00344

ai00344 One of the Regulars

Not sure his measurements of the creases are correct but it’s a good illustration of why you need to account for normal wrinkling of the leather when deciding on overall jacket and especially sleeve length

8. Downunder G Man

Downunder G Man A-List Customer

I have posted elsewhere Re these hangers , I get them "used once" from the HD dealer I have bought all my Harleys from these last 25 years. Free to me for the asking. Folks buy new HD jackets from them and ride away from the shop wearing the jacket , choosing to leave the hanger behind. Most all of my jackets are on these now , bar those on "Genuine Schott" hangers. I probably have over 20 of these on the go now , NO jacket creasing I am aware of ! Harley-Davidson-Jacket-Hangers.jpg

Harris HTM and sweetfights like this.
  9. Downunder G Man

Downunder G Man A-List Customer

I just mention this as having "special" hangers posted from Scotland to Western Australia well just seems a wee bit meh...

10. rocketeer

rocketeer Call Me a Cab

My Usual hanging method has been the pipe insulation(Pool Noodle?) method works fine with some styles and not with others, though a similar jacket can be more susceptible to creasing.
    My wartime A2 is fine on a normal padded hanger and has not gained any creasing since I hung it in my wardrobe. My Highwayman in Front Quarter do have slight creasing how aero describes. My Barnstormer(Steer) is fine as is my Teamster(Horse). Not Aero but my B3 and ANJ4 are fine on thick insulated hangers though I have made these(Hangers) into a straighter configuration.
    Over the sale I ordered some of Aero's own hangers, on my Highwayman the jackets actually look to be hanging better.
    I may order more.
    Quite a lot of jackets advertised for sale look to have been hanging on ordinary hangers and the vertical crease I have to say can be to me a little off putting.
    Hope that helps, JTee.

sweetfights likes this.
  11. handymike

handymike I'll Lock Up

Nooooooooo! Not Schitzo.....:eek:

12. ton312

ton312 I'll Lock Up

I'd happily take that clearly "ruined" original Herc off his hands. LOL.

AbbaDatDeHat likes this.
  13. Alexlutov

Alexlutov One of the Regulars

14. nick123

nick123 I'll Lock Up

That was a fun yet headache thread. Original culprit was possibly the air pressure or whatnot inside of the flight to Beijing. But could it have been as simple as a hanger all along? Was never truly solved. That particular hide was also an anomaly.

15. handymike

handymike I'll Lock Up

@ton312, you don’t want THAT jacket....

ton312 likes this.
  16. Alexlutov

I will sell Hercules Vincenza))

17. ton312

ton312 I'll Lock Up

I'm listening...:)

sweetfights likes this.
  18. Alexlutov

I will contact you during the day))

ton312 likes this.
  19. mygar

mygar A-List Customer

My heavy aero jackets are now on the floor. Great another complex lol. I think my "custom" hangers I made helped... but we can't risk it can we?!

Since I don't worry about creases anymore... but wait will my dog pee chew it up... or will a mouse come along? :/