CXL from Aero. Creases from improper storage. Examples??

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by sweetfights, Aug 22, 2019.

1. ton312

ton312 I'll Lock Up

There is only one solution:
    [​IMG]

Monitor, Sloan1874, Dbrn and 5 others like this.
  2. sweetfights

sweetfights Call Me a Cab

LOL-- so true...

ton312 likes this.
  3. ton312

ton312 I'll Lock Up

The anti gravity recovery chamber. If it's good enough for NASA I suppose it's OK for CXL. LOOOL!

4. mygar

mygar A-List Customer

The seriousness of the hanger issue is spilling over into other threads... won't be long till all are affected :)

sweetfights likes this.
  5. nick123

nick123 I'll Lock Up

Or a bee/wasp! So many hazards, I think the only way to achieve true peace of mind is to stop worrying. Kind of like the a-bomb.

sweetfights, mygar and ton312 like this.
  6. ton312

ton312 I'll Lock Up

Agreed! After the knife wound to my half belt creases are the least of my worries. I get why people don’t like them but every jacket has a destiny and mine, almost every single one, has had creases down the front panels. Brace yourself, here are some examples:
    1F4CEA1C-650A-421D-B1F8-A091291718A2.jpeg 12A4EC8A-361F-48BD-BC1F-E6AE2D84B25E.jpeg 9E90CF8E-6E19-4951-9319-AFFB56168A2C.jpeg B8CCC3F2-CE02-4880-ACCF-D1D6F7C277EE.jpeg 2E0A7DA4-4915-4048-B43E-021ED285D77A.jpeg D0C5F91F-78D8-435B-8596-85461F1DA0DC.jpeg
    A7679B3F-0C36-4538-BCBF-23E4A0E625E9.jpeg
    And it begins again with my HWM, staring out over the horizon at a sea of hanger options:
    1164E718-E55B-4FC0-8381-1A2F85BAC456.jpeg
    I’m not bothered in the least by it. Jacket is going to do what it’s going to do. I use broad hangers with duct taped pool noodle.

7. Sloan1874

Sloan1874 I'll Lock Up

Much camper sounding than I thought he would be, but there you go.

8. mygar

mygar A-List Customer

My gawd ... the horror... lol

But seriously I did put mine on the floor...

El Marro and sweetfights like this.
  9. nick123

nick123 I'll Lock Up

Plus you have a seemingly lovely family. At that point, what are jackets in the grand scheme of things? I also like the B-17 photos posted. Seriously, way more important things on this earth. As soon as I find the right gal, house saving it is. I have a few years left to goof off with the jackets but then it's time to get semi-serious.

felix03, sweetfights and ton312 like this.
  10. ton312

ton312 I'll Lock Up

It won’t matter though. If your shoulders are wider than your waist...it is your destiny.

mygar and sweetfights like this.
  11. itsallgood

itsallgood Familiar Face

I got a bunch of these from Amazon, very happy with the purchase. No sign of creases. I think you just don't wanna put a leather jacket on a hook.

pic.JPG

12. sweetfights

Thank you for this Ton.
    I have a theory.
    Because I see the very same.
    If you have sloping shoulders it imitates the "bad hanger" issue.
    Thus the creases.
    Only makes sense to me.
    Damn our sloping shoulders!!!!

Benny Holiday and ton312 like this.
  13. ton312

ton312 I'll Lock Up

I think it’s b/c your shoulder width is wider than your waist. Think about it. Your shoulders are actually the most stressed point. The leather is going to bend and form around them (and your neck/traps). Unless you have a very narrow set of shoulders and a skinny neck, you’ll get these creases. My t-shirts and button downs do the same thing. Compliments of 30 years of military press. I’m not mad. The whole point is that it takes my shape. Had I kept my CXL CR’s they’d have been absolutely rife with them. Maybe I’m wrong but to me these are a badge of honor. The only front creases I don’t like are those that form around the hand warmers. Those I really don’t care for.

14. sweetfights

Makes a lot of sense.
    CXL is particularly prone to creasing.
    It’s what in part makes this leather so awesome. CXL takes shape. Other leather that creases less easily has less opportunity to form these lines.

ton312 likes this.
  15. Dbrn

Dbrn Familiar Face

Can't argue against the benefits of leather that shapes to your body, even if that includes creases. But given how much more time a jacket spends on a hanger than a body, I hate the idea that the hanger is doing most of the 'bad' shaping. So I ordered the Aero hanger. But it's also easy for me, as I have just one Precious to protect :confused:

sweetfights likes this.
  16. sweetfights

You sir are correct.

My t-shirts do the exact same. I can see instantly when I flex this way or that in a t-shirt.

Identical patterns to my leather cxl jackets. Cafe Racer, half-belt etc.

17. Seb Lucas

Seb Lucas I'll Lock Up

Same creases I have in mine, ton. To be honest I thought having creases was kind of the point of jackets. To paraphrase Dale Carnegie, I haven't seen a crease I didn't like. But I'm sure as hell not go going to curate them.

18. Monitor

Monitor I'll Lock Up

Yeah, so this. I'm having some trouble understanding what this thread is about.

How did this idea of "bad" creases even begin? So you can see the jacket's been on a hanger. How's that bad?

19. zebedee

zebedee Practically Family

I don't worry about the creases, hangers or no. With the grief I put my jackets through, front creases are irrelevant.

ton312 likes this.
  20. ElCamillou

ElCamillou New in Town

I think that the origin of the craze has to be found right in a part of the text Aero released under the title "NEW AERO LEATHERS HANGERS" :

"The worst way to store a leather jacket is on a typical suit hanger with the steeply sloped shoulder used pretty much as standard by the hanger industry, any length of use of these virtually guarantee deep creases forming down the front of a leather jacket starting from the join of the neck and the shoulder seam. This is caused as the weight of the leather hanging at an unnatural angle starts to fold inwards, this gets worse if the jacket is zipped up or buttoned up and summer storage will often leave creases which will never come out"