Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

D. Lewis, white summer flight suit?

H.Johnson

One Too Many
May I suggest a possible course of (cheap) action, which I have never tried, but I don't see why it shouldn't work.

In the UK, house painters wear white overalls (boiler suits) that are basically the same design with detail differences. I'm sure they are available in other countries. Usually they have buttons rather than a zipped front, no epaulettes or belt and the pockets are different. Why not buy two (they are cheap) and use the spare one as material to make the parts that are different?

Just an idea...

Flieger

Practically Family
H.Johnson said:
May I suggest a possible course of (cheap) action, which I have never tried, but I don't see why it shouldn't work.

In the UK, house painters wear white overalls (boiler suits) that are basically the same design with detail differences. I'm sure they are available in other countries. Usually they have buttons rather than a zipped front, no epaulettes or belt and the pockets are different. Why not buy two (they are cheap) and use the spare one as material to make the parts that are different?

Just an idea...

Thanks for the tip. I was thinking along those lines but then I asked myself: Do I really need it? When I'm I going to wear it? A white coverall might look dashing on display day at the museum, but for actual work... nah. It's just not me. :)

Cheers,
/F

taggers

New in Town
D Lewis are of course, Lewis Leathers, still trading (allthough their website's a mess).

If you were using it for real aviation, there are "Dunlop" vintage racing suits available which are not dissimilar (ok dissimilar, but ok under a Mae West), pricey, but Nomex.

Daze

New in Town
Please do NOT use replicators, Sanjay the Thief Suri took 210 quid off me, for a tunic and boots, sent me the wrong tunic which then cost me 38 pounds to send back, and then pretended to not know of my order, due to the time involved and his deliberate prevarication i can't get my cash back, so 248 pounds down, no tunic, no boots and now seems (rumours ) to be operating a company called paddleators as well

Edward

Bartender
Not quite a PRestige Suit, though for something with a look of the same period and a more civilian vibe, Goodwood Motor Circuit do a white cotton driver's coveralls (also available in khaki) for £90:

https://ticketing.goodwood.com/Page...up3=*EMPTY&group4=*EMPTY&product=00000072_WHT

I've handled these in p4rson, and while not cheap compared to your standard cheapo boiler suits, the quality is excellent. I've even considered one for wearing round the house in the height of Summer heat....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112