Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

D-Pocket Leather Jacket

lonesome_hunter

New in Town
Hi.
I'm truly a newbie what comes to leather jackets, but one thing i know, i love the D-Pocket design.
Can you please tell me, according to your experience, what D-Pocket leather jackets you would recommend?

Tks.

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
The RMC buco j24 is quite nice. There are many other options that have been mentioned above. However, you could also go vintage. There are plenty of other vintage d pocket models that don't command the insane Buco prices.

NYDRH

One of the Regulars
RMC Buco J24 or J24L, Eastman Roadstar, the Flat Head Double Rider, or Delraiser for a more minimalist take, and I think a Double Heliox version whos name I dont know. Thats all I can think of, Im sure there are many others that people will mention
In agreement here, I haven't had the opportunity to try all of these but the Flat Head D pockets are some of my favorite. I think they get the proportions right and the materials are top notch.

I personally do not like the J24 but I think most would disagree with me.

There are many others in various price ranges as @BloodEagle mentioned, I just can't speak from any experience. And @dudewuttheheck gives a very good piece of advice you can often find very nice examples second hand that may not get talked about as much but are very nice and quite the deal relative to a new Buco, FH etc.

On the custom(ized) side of things, I also really like the Himel Avro, LW LT/A & Field Leathers Manhattan.

Himel:
Screenshot_20230323_113151_Instagram.jpg

FL:
Screenshot_20230323_113248_Instagram.jpg

LW(the D is hidden):

Screenshot_20230323_113429_Chrome.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230323_113248_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20230323_113248_Instagram.jpg
    647.4 KB · Views: 43

lonesome_hunter

New in Town
The RMC buco j24 is quite nice. There are many other options that have been mentioned above. However, you could also go vintage. There are plenty of other vintage d pocket models that don't command the insane Buco prices.
My first option is to go vintage / second hand.
I found what it think it is a good deal on a Buco J-24. My concern is the size, i'm almost certain my size is 36 (of the old fit) but this one is a 34.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1344715311...pid=5338596370&customid=&toolid=10001&mkevt=1

s-l1600.jpg

lonesome_hunter

New in Town
In agreement here, I haven't had the opportunity to try all of these but the Flat Head D pockets are some of my favorite. I think they get the proportions right and the materials are top notch.

I personally do not like the J24 but I think most would disagree with me.

There are many others in various price ranges as @BloodEagle mentioned, I just can't speak from any experience. And @dudewuttheheck gives a very good piece of advice you can often find very nice examples second hand that may not get talked about as much but are very nice and quite the deal relative to a new Buco, FH etc.

On the custom(ized) side of things, I also really like the Himel Avro, LW LT/A & Field Leathers Manhattan.

Himel:
View attachment 500888
FL: View attachment 500891

LW(the D is hidden):

View attachment 500890
Very nice options!

BloodEagle

A-List Customer

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
Find yourself a nice vintage 40s or 50s Hercules. Prices can be quite low on the 50s models. A classic.

jeo

One Too Many
My first option is to go vintage / second hand.
I found what it think it is a good deal on a Buco J-24. My concern is the size, i'm almost certain my size is 36 (of the old fit) but this one is a 34.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1344715311...pid=5338596370&customid=&toolid=10001&mkevt=1

View attachment 500896

Hi @lonesome_hunter this is in case you're looking at either RMC or The Flat Head and since it also looks like you may be my size.

I have the RMC J-24 in size 36 (old fit). For reference I'm 5'4" and about 135 - 140 lbs in the pic below. It fits me nice but snug. The zipper broke too, they are notoriously bad.

I'm not too keen on the old fit. Narrow at the shoulders and a little too long in the body.

Tried on the new fit RMC Buco's. Much better fit and true to size. The 36 was a borderline big on me.

IMG-8883.jpg

I also have the Flat Head double riders (WRJ-53A) in a size 36 and the proportions are MUCH better than the old fit RMC J-24.

IMG-8569.jpg

Hope this helps.

lonesome_hunter

New in Town
Hi @lonesome_hunter this is in case you're looking at either RMC or The Flat Head and since it also looks like you may be my size.

I have the RMC J-24 in size 36 (old fit). For reference I'm 5'4" and about 135 - 140 lbs in the pic below. It fits me nice but snug. The zipper broke too, they are notoriously bad.

I'm not too keen on the old fit. Narrow at the shoulders and a little too long in the body.

Tried on the new fit RMC Buco's. Much better fit and true to size. The 36 was a borderline big on me.

View attachment 501054

I also have the Flat Head double riders (WRJ-53A) in a size 36 and the proportions are MUCH better than the old fit RMC J-24.

View attachment 501056

Hope this helps.
That helped a lot!
Now i am 99% sure that my size is 36 of the old fit (personally i don't really like the fit that was released in 2021).

Those two look great on you, but yeah, the Flathead is a perfect fit and it's a beautiful jacket.
Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ