Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dad's many hats

Anden

New in Town
Thanks for the kind words about my father. I was born in 1961 so my memories are post classic hat era. The one I do remember very well was a hat he wore in the film Sweet Hunters of 1969. The hat was actually his own, a brimmed style made of rubber, much like a rain coat. He wore small shells on it. Also of interest is that at age eight, I also was in this movie, playing my dad's son (very fitting).

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?VISuperSize&item=290523200837

Edit; looks like that image did not come up ? ....see ebay & search 'Sterling Hayden Sweet Hunters' and the card can be seen.

Last edited:

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
I have heard of Sterling Hayden and probably saw him in a film or two, but now I have to get a hold of Zero Hour to see him, knowing who he is, and to see the inspiration for one of the funniest movies ever made.

frussell

One Too Many
Welcome. Your dad has always been a favorite of mine. I remember my father pointing him out as one of his favorites in movies when I was just a little kid. I pretty much TiVo anything he's in. Even if the rest of the film is just okay, he is always fun to watch. Great to have you here. Frank

J.B.

Practically Family
Welcome, Anden!

I especially enjoyed The Asphalt Jungle, and just finished watching your dad's performance as Roger Wade in The Long Goodbye.

Thanks for posting!

feltfan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Whoa, your dad was great. One has the impression he was quite a character off screen, too.

Loved Johnny Guitar. I still have a Spanish poster for the movie.

Terry292

New in Town
That film was called Zero Hour. They in fact based the whole movie Airplane on it. They bought the rights to the film and did almost the whole screenplay verbatim but turned it into a spoof.

Thanks for the info. As I was reading your post, it occurred to me that I had seen that information about Airplane before, probably on TCM, one of my favorite movie channels.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo