Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

daniel henshall hat from "Turn" series on AMC

Golden

Familiar Face
1-tv-turn-4-6-art-g0hrq1l4-1turn-06.jpg
picture-14.jpg

What am I?

there are more pics on google using the thread title as a search, but I thought this 1st image was the cleanest pic.
Looks like 2 ribbons?

-j

Light temperature (color) could change up the color like that. My guess, based on the textured patterns within the ribbon, is that it is the same ribbon.

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
Geez hard to say about the hat or ribbon from those pictures. I can say however that rifle is one mean 50 caliber. Guess the movie plot did not have them two fellows hunting for frogs!

JoeyC

One of the Regulars
Looks like 2 ribbons to me, one matches the brim binding ( original ), the other a different ribbon placed over the original. LMM is right about the rifle cal. You could drive a freight train through that bore.

Lean'n'mean

I'll Lock Up
What am I?

I may be sticking my head out here but my money is on that being a movie hat :D

Looks like 2 ribbons?

Yeah I have to agree, the original greyish/tan one & then the wardrobe dept. has added a pretty multicoloured chocolate box ribbon over that.
The costumes do appear unconvincing anyway, probably rented from one of those vast movie costume warehouses often used by low budget TV movies & series & then put together by someone who was trying to create a style of how they imagined the period to be rather than being historically accurate.

The rifle ain't no .50 cal. the bore is smaller than the pistol the other dude is carrying.:rolleyes:

-j[/QUOTE]

JoeyC

One of the Regulars
No, 1 ribbon only. If it were 2 ribbons how it is possible to make that bow.

Blow the picture up to 400%, you can see the second ribbon rolling down on the right side exposing the original, you can see the original that matches the brim binding. If the original had a plain flat ribbon ( no bow )
the second could be bowed or was an already bowed ribbon slipped over the original.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner