Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dating etiquette

Serafina

New in Town
Doran said:
He's not REALLY an enemy; that was a stretch. We just don't talk anymore. I am still on fine terms with the rest of their family.

PM me.

Small world...I've known Matt for ages. Looong history. He's great.

Rhofal

New in Town
Number one dating etiquette mistake of mine:

There was this girl I really liked, and after getting to see more of her really got a crush on. We went out for a drink together quite regularly, always had great conversations about anything from style to philosophy etc. Anyway, somewhere along the line she sent me a text message that went something like "you're such a great person, too bad I couldn't fall in love with you". Next time we were alone I told her I really did have something going for her before, but that she was absolutly right about us ever being a couple (that it would lead to a disaster).

Three months later she invited me for dinner at her place. And I took my poker chips and cards. So we ate, and later played some Texas Hold'em with a nice Scotch Whisky along. Then she said "I've got something serious to confess". I started mentally preparing for bad news about terminal diseases and such; but it was nothing like that. She told me she had fallen in love with me and wanted to know if I hadn't noticed. Especially since we were on the phone every night, and went out together so much. I replied that I actually never had a clue when women were romantically attracted to me, and that I was just assuming they like me for my company.

Now for the embarrassing part. (in dialogue form for easier comprehension ;) )

She: "Well, aren't you going to do something about it now I told you?"
Me: "Well, I'm happy and flattered of course, and er... I'd really enjoy us being a couple." (blushing and taking no action still)
She: "Well, aren't you going to at least kiss me then?"
Me: "Er... of course, but you got me all jumpy and nervous now. Is it OK if we first play a few more hands and maybe have another Scotch?"

So she went to fetch us another Scotch (grumbling something about men being total idiots), we played three more hands (she won) and then we finally kissed. Still, it was the most awkward kiss since I was sixteen years old or so :D

We broke up six months later, but that's nothing I'd post on a message board about...

Cheers,
Peter

Dr Doran

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Rhofal said:
She: "Well, aren't you going to at least kiss me then?"
Me: "Er... of course, but you got me all jumpy and nervous now. Is it OK if we first play a few more hands and maybe have another Scotch?"

So she went to fetch us another Scotch (grumbling something about men being total idiots), we played three more hands (she won) and then we finally kissed. ]

An excellent story and I assure you that every man I know has done the same sort of thing ... including myself, naturellement.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner