Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dating Vintage Stetsons by Liner: A Field Guide

Mystic

Practically Family
Hi Guys,

Haven't been on the Lounge in a while but I think this is the right place to ask about Stetson liner and sweatband information.

I looked through various Stetson threads and didn't see or missed this liner type.

Any information about this liner and sweat in the photos. I can't make out the top line of the logo or the word after 'Royal'. Any date or time frame? It looks to have the plastic cover for the logo, so I suppose that means at least 50's or newer.
also, any information about using black sweatbands with silver printing?

I hope I can remember how to post photos...here goes.

T2eC16RHJG8E9nyfnUUhBQS-QmRKg60_12.jpg
[/IMG]
T2eC16JHJGoE9nuQeWejBQS-P7km60_12.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
Mysterious brew. Doesn't appear to be a Stetson liner, though Chapeau Moderne could be French Canadian. Do you have the hat in hand... could they possibly be two different hats? I believe in the mid 1950s, when the 3X was a Stetson Fifteen, the 4X was twenty. Sweatband appears to be 1960s or later.

Mystic

Practically Family
Mysterious brew. Doesn't appear to be a Stetson liner, though Chapeau Moderne could be French Canadian. Do you have the hat in hand... could they possibly be two different hats? I believe in the mid 1950s, when the 3X was a Stetson Fifteen, the 4X was twenty. Sweatband appears to be 1960s or later.

Hello Alan, No, I don't have the hat in hand, just the photos.

The pic in the center of the logo looks like a Stetson logo, although it's not very clear.

I read somewhere that Stetson's were made at one time in Canada. Were they made there in the 60's?
But, if it was made in Canada, why would it say U.S.A. ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart