Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dating Your Hat (A Place to Discuss the Age of Your Vintage Hat)

wsmontana

A-List Customer
Heck yeah! I wouldn’t want to see his honest efforts undermined but him going on and on about this hat for his grandson really got to me. That is awesome that you were able to do that.
I see his comments all the time when trolling for hats. He alternates between being “old as dirt” and playing dumb and ”scraping money together with his grandson“ and playing poor. It seems to work for him as he gets good deals to flip on eBay where his persona changes to a folksy expert. The guy has 100% positive feedback on eBay so his business model appears to be working.

hambone71

Practically Family
I see his comments all the time when trolling for hats. He alternates between being “old as dirt” and playing dumb and ”scraping money together with his grandson“ and playing poor. It seems to work for him as he gets good deals to flip on eBay where his persona changes to a folksy expert. The guy has 100% positive feedback on eBay so his business model appears to be working.
I was finally able to send her a note too. I had tried twice before but poshmark wouldn't post it, I think because I mentioned eBay. The third time, I left out *eBay" and just said "another site" and it sent. She got it and responded.

The Lost Cowboy

One Too Many
I would be happy to support him if he didn’t outright misrepresent himself and his items for sale. He has a few items that are marked too high in my opinion but for the most part they are acceptable enough.

There once was an eBay seller called “Timothy’s Closet” who had a massive number of hats for sale but they were all extremely overpriced so I don’t believe many of them ever sold. Then it seems one day he just vanished and I always wondered what happened to all those hats he had.

hambone71

Practically Family
I would be happy to support him if he didn’t outright misrepresent himself and his items for sale. He has a few items that are marked too high in my opinion but for the most part they are acceptable enough.

There once was an eBay seller called “Timothy’s Closet” who had a massive number of hats for sale but they were all extremely overpriced so I don’t believe many of them ever sold. Then it seems one day he just vanished and I always wondered what happened to all those hats he had.
Same here. He has a dark brown OR that I would love to have, even though its just one little size up from what I typically wear. He's asking $640 for it. If it was reasonably priced, I'd gamble on the fit. He's at least $400 too high for a 3X quality, in my opinion. And even then, I'd be giving him the benefit of a doubt just because that color is not too common.

This discussion probably belongs in the eBay gripes thread. :)

wsmontana

A-List Customer

Wow, I’m getting stung by the infamous one himself! How should I respond?!

IMG_5646.jpeg
IMG_5645.jpeg

One Drop

One of the Regulars
Wow, I’m getting stung by the infamous one himself! How should I respond?!

View attachment 564896 View attachment 564897

Shameless is his middle name. Boo frickety hoo.

He sent me a picture of himself, if it's real he looks to be in his 50s or roundabouts. I can send it to you and you can respond to him by sending him the picture and claiming it's a photo of yourself, that'll confuse him.

wsmontana

A-List Customer
Shameless is his middle name. Boo frickety hoo.

He sent me a picture of himself, if it's real he looks to be in his 50s or roundabouts. I can send it to you and you can respond to him by sending him the picture and claiming it's a photo of yourself, that'll confuse him.
Yes, I see his photo on his Facebook profile and he doesn’t look as old as dirt as he claims. What a surprise. His profile says he lives in Florida.

DonR

One of the Regulars
I've purchased two hats from sawinokur8083 on ebay. The first was a 50's Resistol OR style which I probably overpaid for, but was happy with it nonetheless. I then purchased a No. 1 Quality which appeared really nice to me in the photos, but as soon as I received it, I noticed some pinkish stains on the crown which made me feel really disappointed.
I contacted her or him or they, and stated my experience. They suggested that I use a brush and she would refund me $20. I had already tried a brush so I know it will require more effort. Anyway I never received that refund so I left here a negative feedback on ebay and will just attempt to clean the hat. Purchasing online via pictures can be tricky.

Sorry if this thread was not the place to post this, but I saw all the comments and just had to reply. I should have searched for her name on here and then at least I would have been aware.

wsmontana

A-List Customer
I've purchased two hats from sawinokur8083 on ebay. The first was a 50's Resistol OR style which I probably overpaid for, but was happy with it nonetheless. I then purchased a No. 1 Quality which appeared really nice to me in the photos, but as soon as I received it, I noticed some pinkish stains on the crown which made me feel really disappointed.
I contacted her or him or they, and stated my experience. They suggested that I use a brush and she would refund me $20. I had already tried a brush so I know it will require more effort. Anyway I never received that refund so I left here a negative feedback on ebay and will just attempt to clean the hat. Purchasing online via pictures can be tricky.

Sorry if this thread was not the place to post this, but I saw all the comments and just had to reply. I should have searched for her name on here and then at least I would have been aware.
Sorry to hear about your bad experience. If the hat isn’t as described you should be able to return it at the seller‘s expense even if they don’t offer returns. eBay offers that protection to buyers. Also, you could try to clean the hat yourself and see if you can remove or reduce the visible stains. There are many cleaning tips here in the lounge and you should be able to find them with a search. Good luck!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points