Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

David Brown (deeb7) RIP

Dr H

Call Me a Cab
Bevan posted this morning on the VLJF, the following, tragic news.

David....(deeb7)...... passed suddenly and peacefully last night......21 Feb 2012.......RIP mate.

I hope that I am not out of order in posting this, but those of you here who knew David as an extremely knowledgeable, helpful and engaging poster here might wish to visit the VLJF to pay your respects or read the tributes from his friends.

I didn't know if he ventured over here, so I figured if someone else knew, they'd post. Let us all take a moment and send a prayer to his family and friends while remembering that our time here is finite. Appreciate what you've got and who you have in your lives.
Good day friends. Go spend some quality time with those you love...

Dr H

Call Me a Cab
ButteMT61 05:32 PM Today
I didn't know if he ventured over here...

He often referred to the Hat Place and the Black pages...so he was here alright...

ButteMT61 05:32 PM Today
I didn't know if he ventured over here...

He often referred to the Hat Place and the Black pages...so he was here alright...

That's why I wondered - seemed to say that in a manner that lead me to believe he wasn't a fan :)
It's just too weird to be posting back and forth, then the next day, gone. Hard to wrap your head around that...

David was not only well informed...but came across as always the gentleman with a humble personality and wry sense of humor. His reference to the 'Hat club' and 'Black Pages' was always in a humorous vein..in my view. He is already dearly missed by many on the VLJ...including me.
HD

A tribute from the VLJ forum.

superDavid.png

RIP David.

madofusaaf

New in Town
sad sad news
he was a nice guy, really enthousiast, so friendly.
all my sympathy to his family
i had (as many other VLJ members) some good contact with him, requesting him infos i need, sending him simply a helloooo, aso aso aso...
i will really miss him
VLJ's members 'll not forget him

RIP David
thanks for your friendship and all you've done

marcel

D

Deleted member 16736

My condolences go out to his family and many friends.

Atticus Finch

Call Me a Cab
His reference to the 'Hat club' and 'Black Pages' was always in a humorous vein..in my view.
I think he called it the "Hat Lounge"...which was somehow even more humorous. But I agree...David's proclivity for coining apropos nick names…including the “Hat Lounge”...was part of his wit and charm and it was never mean spirited. It is clear from his posts on VLJ that he actually lurked here for years.

And I have to admit this now. There have been times that I have answered jacket questions posed here on the Lounge...as if I were the expert...only after having consulted with David, first.

AF

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails