Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

DE shaving issues

memphislawyer

Practically Family
I have read a few things about a Cobra single edge blade. Any experience?

I use a Merkur-headed Edwin Jagger bulbous DE with a Feather DE blade for with the grain and against the grain passes and then sideways on face and neck, 4 passes in all. Then I use a QED shave stick and apply that tot he face and then lather cream over it and use my Merkur Slant bar with feather blade to blade buff. To blade buff, I just go back and forth in very quick mini strokes over an area, pulling that section taut in all directions.

The Feather Artist Club straight shaved me the closest but I would get weepers and cuts from time to time and gave up. The Cobra uses the Feather straight razor blades but looks like an injector, and is sold at classicshaving.com. Unlike many injectors that use half a blade, the Cobra uses the full straight razor Feather blade

tonypaj

Practically Family
Using a DE razor I get red spots on my face. Using whatever 4/3/2 blade razors, I do not. Even if I use just water to get my face moist, and the blades are dull. Also, after a DE shave my face feels seriously dry and itchy. Any ideas? Cuts are not a problem...

sal

One of the Regulars
Using a DE razor I get red spots on my face. Using whatever 4/3/2 blade razors, I do not. Even if I use just water to get my face moist, and the blades are dull. Also, after a DE shave my face feels seriously dry and itchy. Any ideas? Cuts are not a problem...

Are your using an aftershave cream? If not you really should. A few of my faves are Nivea for men sensitive, Trumpers Coral Skin Food, and Trufitt and Hill Trafalgar aftershave balm. Any one of those will help immensely.

Benzadmiral

Call Me a Cab
Well I get that people have strong opinions about blades and razors. I've found over 30 years of shaving by so many means that 5 minutes with a Braun electric does a smoother, faster, cheaper shave than I ever thought possible. I don't even have to think about it and can watch TV or drive while I'm shaving. Sacrilege? It's up to you.
Ha. I cut myself with a Braun electric.

'Struth. Not easy to do, but I managed it. I'd used the foil-head model for a few years. Then one morning I felt a sting, thought I'd pulled a beard hair, and then saw the blood from the thin scratch on my cheek. A bit of the foil had broken off and was sticking up like a thorn.

I bought a Norelco the next day. It might not have shaved all that close, but it was safe.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk