Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Deadstock 40's Polish Military overcoat

cptjeff

Practically Family
If ever there was a combination of words that might get a FL to start drooling. Came in the mail today from a military surplus store, in perfect condition with the original tag.

Oh, and the wool is heavy. Very heavy. This sucker was made for standing watch at night in the winter of northern Europe.

First, the coat:
PolishOvercoat006.jpg

Not to really start the drooling. Rear view:
PolishOvercoat005-1.jpg

Yes, that belt does unbutton. And yes, that is an inverse box pleat. What might be a bit of a better view:
PolishOvercoat003.jpg

The vent buttons closed:
PolishOvercoat004.jpg

Oh, and all of the buttons have the polish national emblem:
PolishOvercoat002.jpg

Original tag, still attached (will be preserved and kept in pocket). If anyone knows polish and can translate, I would love to know what those specs are.
PolishOvercoat001.jpg

One other last touch- in the cuff of the left sleeve there is a pocket. Any military types want to guess as to what that might be used for?

PolishOvercoat008.jpg

The place I got it from has more, and they're cheap. You should know, however, that as it's a 1940's polish overcoat, it comes in authentic 1940's polish sizes.
http://go-armynavy.com/index.php/mi...h-military-wool-overcoat-dated-1940s-new.html

cptjeff

Practically Family
I would guess 38-40. I called the store, and was told that the small was a 36, and the XS was a 34. I have a 36" chest, so I went with the small.

The actual chest measurement on mine is 41".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot