Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Denim Chore Coat

Fatdutchman

Practically Family
I have the lined Pointer one right in front of me. Heavy denim, blanket lined, corduroy collar. They do an unlined one, which is OK, but has an entirely different collar design. Kinda large and clunky (though it can be re-tailored if desired). I've been wearing this lined one (which is now too large for me) as a sort of overcoat at work.

Edward

Bartender
cbrunt said:
Regarding the debate of barn coat-vs-chore coats, I have noticed that many online sites tend to call the lined versions (generally w/corduroy collar) "Barn Coats" where the simpler unlined versions are "Chore Coats".

Peison Blues call theirs "Yard Coats" as they have based their design on the ones originally worn as part of prison uniforms in the US.

SamReu

One of the Regulars
Spokes Man

I have a chore coat that looks awfully like the one in the photo(s). Mine was manufactured in the USA for J.C. Penney. I found it at a thrift store and promptly bought it for less than $10 USD. I guess it is early- to mid-60s, but I am not sure.

Feraud

Bartender
Here is a Strong Reliable.
DSC06674.jpg

DSC06677.jpg

vintageghost

New in Town
I have a 1940s carhartt and a 1930s lee chore coat. I also have a Japanese repro of the loco.All are great but there is nothing like the real thing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails