Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

denim jacket

schitzo

Suspended
The thing with a denim jacket is it's a utility item which means it basically 'matches' with anything else that's casual. But, whatever you do for Christ's sake don't wear matching jeans with your denim jacket. If you do you will have committed a major fashion faux pas and nearby fashionistas will exchange knowing looks as they look down their noses at you

too much coffee

Practically Family
The thing with a denim jacket is it's a utility item which means it basically 'matches' with anything else that's casual. But, whatever you do for Christ's sake don't wear matching jeans with your denim jacket. If you do you will have committed a major fashion faux pas and nearby fashionistas will exchange knowing looks as they look down their noses at you

Hi schitzo;

That may well be true about the fashion police.......but that scorned outfit, when worn by men, certainly pulls a lot of women who frequent Big Al's Country Bar in Post Falls, Idaho.
Yipee ka ye !!

Last edited:

bretron

Call Me a Cab
If I were you I wouldn't waste money on a new denim jacket and instead opt for a vintage one via your local vintage shop or eBay. They can easily be had in the $50 range and if you get it right, you can get a previosly aged beauty. My early 60s little e is my Go To jacket for late spring to early fall. Not a crazy rare piece, but perfect fit and insane fade/patina.

And yes I generally wear it with jeans :p just do one thing: never ever ever wash it! That's the only faux pas in my book.

bretron

Call Me a Cab
I love this jacket. Filson is diesel stuff; my winter Go To is my buffalo plaid Mackinaw- aka Brawny Man jacket :lol: I don't give a rat's @$$ tho, I love that jacket!
Wife calls those the "my name is earl" jackets. Whatever. I like 'em. I'm sick of heat. Can't even enjoy jacket talk right now...

too much coffee

Practically Family
Butte 'ole buddy.................you gotta get out of that septic tank area. Just put that big old Rose Bowl in your rear view and catch the 5 north. I'll leave the light on for you!
Spokane is getting down to 36 degrees tonight.

coffee

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up

I don't know about fashionistas (they are dumb shunts!) but it looks very foolish. Don't they call that look the Canadian tuxedo?

MrAcheson

New in Town

What? Now what am I going to wear to my Canadian cousin's wedding?

schitzo

Suspended
Canadiens who are in the know call it the Texas Tuxedo.

haha. I've never heard either of those before. Round our way it seems to be a popular look among the Eastern Europeans. Have to say I agree with Joel's characterisation of the fashion police - and on that subject it seemed to me that Sacha Baron Cohen did an excellent job of exposing them for exactly what they are in 'Bruno' the movie.

Hi Coffee and thanks for the info. If I'm ever in Big Al's I will be sure to remember that!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21