Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Denim Jackets - New or Vintage

My collection of type III Levis trucker jackets 2 denim both without the (IMO) horrible 'hand warmer' pockets, so made sometime between '71 - '84 or so I believe. Them my corduroy white tab 'Big E', and finally my brown suede with dark brown contrast leather collar. Bought this new from their online shop about 4 years ago. In the Sale I hasten to add!
20190106_132949.jpg
20190106_133012.jpg
20190106_133127.jpg
20190106_133334.jpg
20190106_133653.jpg
20190106_133707.jpg
20190106_133728.jpg
20190106_133907.jpg
20190106_134002.jpg

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
My collection of type III Levis trucker jackets 2 denim both without the (IMO) horrible 'hand warmer' pockets, so made sometime between '71 - '84 or so I believe. Them my corduroy white tab 'Big E', and finally my brown suede with dark brown contrast leather collar. Bought this new from their online shop about 4 years ago. In the Sale I hasten to add! View attachment 151075 View attachment 151076 View attachment 151077 View attachment 151078 View attachment 151079 View attachment 151080 View attachment 151083 View attachment 151084 View attachment 151085
Nice selection IK:
Those old cords are sooo comfy they make you just wanna lay down and take a nap.
B

My collection of type III Levis trucker jackets 2 denim both without the (IMO) horrible 'hand warmer' pockets, so made sometime between '71 - '84 or so I believe. Them my corduroy white tab 'Big E', and finally my brown suede with dark brown contrast leather collar. Bought this new from their online shop about 4 years ago. In the Sale I hasten to add! View attachment 151075 View attachment 151076 View attachment 151077 View attachment 151078 View attachment 151079 View attachment 151080 View attachment 151083 View attachment 151084 View attachment 151085

These are all very nice! I can't live without side pockets on mine because they're basically useless to me without 'em but I too prefer the look of these jackets without the pockets.
I've got two with only chest pockets. Both are Levi's and they're made from a really nice kind of denim! The sherpa one, not so much.

These are all very nice! I can't live without side pockets on mine because they're basically useless to me without 'em but I too prefer the look of these jackets without the pockets.
I've got two with only chest pockets. Both are Levi's and they're made from a really nice kind of denim! The sherpa one, not so much.
I've often toyed with the idea of getting myself one of the fleece lined sherpas but never really been much of a fan of them enough to take the plunge and actually get myself one.

I've often toyed with the idea of getting myself one of the fleece lined sherpas but never really been much of a fan of them enough to take the plunge and actually get myself one.

They're my favorite textile jackets and by far. I've had a number of them. Levi's makes a great jacket but the measurements can be seriously off, depending on the time the jacket was produced. Denim, too. Like I said earlier, the last one I bought, the older USA made sherpa trucker is the one I least like and I've had Levi's jackets made in India, China, Belgium and Croatia. Croatian ones are really, really good! Best of the lot.

If you're gonna get one, just be careful not to get the oversized 80's and early 90's version. These fit like crap. Gigantic shoulders, super short sleeves. They're not perfect even today.

This was the best fitting Levi's I've had. Made in Belgium. Don't know when, though. I've had it for a while but then I got the Iron Heart fleece trucker so I sold the Levi's but I kinda regret that I did. Though IH literally couldn't fit any better.
IMG_20180830_153553.jpg

EmergencyIan

Practically Family
I’ve always had good luck with Levi’s jackets, but I always get vintage, USA made ones from or close to the Big E era. They’re always number sized. The only one I’ve purchased that I didn’t care for, and I can’t explain it, was a tan colored, corduroy Sherpa lined jacket. It was from around 1970 and in near mint condition. The jacket was very well made, but I just didn’t care for it. I had wanted one for quite a good while before I made the purchase, but once I had it I didn’t care for it. One thing is, for me, it feels like it’s very much stuck in time. I almost forgot to mention that it fit like a glove. It’s a shame. That said, I own 2 corduroy Levi’s truckers, from the early 70’s, that I love, tan and chocolate brown. Those seem to fit right in with vintage and contemporary styles...classic looking jackets.

- Ian

SimonR

One of the Regulars
What are my options for getting a good fleece lined truicker ... bearing in mind the chances of an Ironheart popping up in xxl would be next to zero :)

I'm a 44" chest with back length needed about 27" .....

Not fussed new or used but think it will be a good daily wearer whilst I continue my search for a suitable shearling / shearling lined leather

What are my options for getting a good fleece lined truicker ... bearing in mind the chances of an Ironheart popping up in xxl would be next to zero :)

I'm a 44" chest with back length needed about 27" .....

Not fussed new or used but think it will be a good daily wearer whilst I continue my search for a suitable shearling / shearling lined leather

If you can get one that fits right, Levi's is good. Great, actually. Gap makes a good jacket, too. All the usual suspects make a very good sherpa trucker; Lee, Levi's, Wrangler, etc. It's not rocket science, it's just a cotton jacket with a fleece lining. I'd be lying if I said an Iron Heart is worth the extra I paid over what I could've gotten from eBay for $50. It's nice but it's... Not that nice. I love mine because it happens to fit me better than any other I've tried on but if it didn't... I'd feel pretty bad about wasting so much $ on it.
I think Lee would be my favorite, though.

I've never tried one on but I really, really love the look of Sears fleece lined trucker. They look really cool. Supposedly, the denim is very nice and the fleece is warm but again, haven't handled one so I don't know if that's really true.
s-l1600.jpg

SimonR

One of the Regulars
If you can get one that fits right, Levi's is good. Great, actually. Gap makes a good jacket, too. All the usual suspects make a very good sherpa trucker; Lee, Levi's, Wrangler, etc. It's not rocket science, it's just a cotton jacket with a fleece lining. I'd be lying if I said an Iron Heart is worth the extra I paid over what I could've gotten from eBay for $50. It's nice but it's... Not that nice. I love mine because it happens to fit me better than any other I've tried on but if it didn't... I'd feel pretty bad about wasting so much $ on it.

I've never tried one on but I really, really love the look of Sears fleece lined trucker. They look really cool. Supposedly, the denim is very nice and the fleece is warm but again, haven't handled one so I don't know if that's really true.

Thanks for the info ........ yep I've been looking since I posted and it can be quite a daunting array of jackets available .... I'll have a look for a Sears / Lee

Watch this space

Again thanks for the help

Simon

Sonero

Practically Family
I'd be lying if I said an Iron Heart is worth the extra I paid over what I could've gotten from eBay for $50. It's nice but it's... Not that nice. I love mine because it happens to fit me better than any other I've tried on but if it didn't... I'd feel pretty bad about wasting so much $ on it.

Two days after receiving my IH merchandise I feel the same way BUT the fit is superb on both items I purchased. I don't think I've had a better fitting pair of jeans or jacket....ever.

Thanks for the info ........ yep I've been looking since I posted and it can be quite a daunting array of jackets available .... I'll have a look for a Sears / Lee

Watch this space

Again thanks for the help

Simon

Sure, no problem. Yeah, there's a lot of them and it can be a bit scary at first but you can't really go terribly wrong with either you chose as long as it's made from plastic. And isn't stretchy.

But yeah, other than that, you can only pay too much for one. Which is okay, I guess, but I wouldn't do it again.

I love the way a classic Lee Storm Rider fits. I think it's the safest route to take for a good jacket that fits good.

Two days after receiving my IH merchandise I feel the same way BUT the fit is superb on both items I purchased. I don't think I've had a better fitting pair of jeans or jacket....ever.

Yep, same here. I was quite upset when I bought my first IH, opened the box and realized that all it contained was just a denim jacket... Almost returned it on the spot but little by little, I realized I'm absolutely in love with the way it looks and fits and it turned out to be one purchase I don't regret making for a second. They make a fantastic product. Kills me that the 101J was all gone in L by the time I found out about IH.

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up

s-l1600.jpg
Better get crackin Monitor cause Sears is tanking. Sadly
B

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
L.C. King Chore Coat, made 10.5 oz. Cone Mills denim. I ordered an extra large-long thinking it would shrink to fit. However, it didn't shrink much and it is pretty big on me. Quite light weight jacket with very nice stitching and pretty comfortable loose cut. I like it with the cuffs rolled up.

IMG_4366.JPG

IMG_4393.JPG

Psant25

One Too Many
Prison blues type iii epic fail...

47 dollars plus 12.50 shipping
size medium 25 pit, 24 sleeve wtf
12.50 return shipping

Waist of time and 25 dollars do not do it people

Forum statistics

Threads
Members