Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Denim Jackets - New or Vintage

Don't think I've worn any of my jackets, leather or otherwise, as much as this one. But it's really, really warm. It's been indigo when I found it. One more year and it'll end up being white. No clue what it is...

IMG-20190207-151617-1.jpg

IMG-20190207-151652.jpg

Don't think I've worn any of my jackets, leather or otherwise, as much as this one. But it's really, really warm. It's been indigo when I found it. One more year and it'll end up being white. No clue what it is...

IMG-20190207-151617-1.jpg

IMG-20190207-151652.jpg

That is a great looking jacket. The finish on the button holes is really nice. Great details. Wish we knew what it is.

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
Looks cool.

I want a striped one now.
I was going to order a hickory striped one, but changed my mind at the last minute because of the Cone Denim Mills, White Oak facility in Greensboro, NC lore. I don't see any selvedge edges though. I may get one yet, and who knows maybe the Mount Vernon Mills in Trion, GA. will be all the rage with the kids next. It will be a large regular not extra large long.
:)

Colin G

One Too Many
I was going to order a hickory striped one, but changed my mind at the last minute because of the Cone Denim Mills, White Oak facility in Greensboro, NC lore. I don't see any selvedge edges though. I may get one yet, and who knows maybe the Mount Vernon Mills in Trion, GA. will be all the rage with the kids next. It will be a large regular not extra large long.
:)

None left in my size. I really dig that type of jacket. Back in the late 90's, I was buying out the local Value Village of similar jackets but they were all polyester blend work wear and no really nice denim. Brand names escape me but a lot was local Canadian made stuff.

I found some nice old GWG truckers there, but never cool work coats like what you have. The Japanesey stuff is too expensive so I'll have to check back when they restock in the hickory stripe.

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
None left in my size. I really dig that type of jacket. Back in the late 90's, I was buying out the local Value Village of similar jackets but they were all polyester blend work wear and no really nice denim. Brand names escape me but a lot was local Canadian made stuff.

I found some nice old GWG truckers there, but never cool work coats like what you have. The Japanesey stuff is too expensive so I'll have to check back when they restock in the hickory stripe.

Yeah the Japanese stuff is pricey but I really miss my 21 oz. IH Type 3. Too heavy for my current geography though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Psant25

One Too Many
Yeah the Japanese stuff is pricey but I really miss my 21 oz. IH Type 3. Too heavy for my current geography though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They have a 14 oz similar to the 21 type iii. I was debating, but got the 526pj in the 21 just yesterday. I had the 526j no pockets and regret selling it. Wisconsin is cold enough for the 21 for sure.

I don't find the 21oz to be particularly warmer than any other denim jacket, regardless of the weight. On the contrary, it's actually more breathable than most and so far, I got as much wear out of it as from any other type-3 I've had.

Bushman

I'll Lock Up
I only own one denim jacket and this is it. Conner's Sewing Factory makes the most accurate 1930s-1940s Levis reproduction jackets and jeans. Also being a one man brand makes him essentially the Good Wear Leather of the denim world.

This is my WWII jacket

luDPMTE.jpg

X7iRv5m.jpg

bn96G2b.jpg
I see you too are a hunter for the Deathly Hallows. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran