Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Denim Jackets - New or Vintage

Blackadder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
My deadstock Wrangler 124MJ. I think from the 80s.
IMG_0087.jpg
IMG_0088.jpg

IXL

One Too Many
I wear a Schaefer Outfitters "Legend" jacket, made in USA from 14.5 oz. denim. Since all of my pants are canvas, the jacket goes well with them.

Polo RL Authentic Dungarees line in a heavy distressed denim with a cotton flannel blanket liner and corduroy collar. I typically don't buy anything pre "distressed" as I prefer to distress it myself but the price was right and the denim is heavy, almost rigid and is darker than the pics indicate.
image.jpg image.jpg
image.jpg

sweetfights

I thought it was time to have a thread dedicated to denim jackets – new or vintage (unless there is one and I missed it?). I will start with my recent eBay score. A NOS 1970’s era GWG Cowboy Kings Jacket. For those not familiar with GWG, it was a Canadian clothing company that made jeans and jackets, among other things. I used to wear GWG in the 80s. They stopped production in the early 90s. This jacket was never worn and still had the cloth inventory tag sewn on the pocket. It is very stiff denim, maybe 12 oz in weight, with a corduroy collar. Only flaw is some slight fading on one shoulder that looks like possible sun fading. These jackets are few and far between these days in my experience – especially NOS and in my size. I wish someone out there was making reproductions of GWG jeans and jackets. I have been watching eBay for about 2 years to get this and finally lucked out. Since these pictures were taken I have hand washed the jacket to get some of the 40 years of smell out of it, but the color is pretty much unchanged. So let’s see some other denim jackets!

nice score!

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
Have just just purchased an old Levi 'Cut -off' not quite sure where I'm going with it though :)
Put some biker badges on it. Or grab a guitar and become Bruce Springsteen :p
I have an acrylic fleece bodied/collared Levi trucker jacket bought in the 90s. What makes this version unusual is the hand warmer pockets are aligned with the seams(similar cut to above post) so look relatively invisible. Not seen another in that style recently.

Edward

Bartender
Put some biker badges on it. Or grab a guitar and become Bruce Springsteen :p

Heh. The original colours cuts worn by 1%ers were denim, though by the sixties, if memory serves, they trasitioned to leather. The story that gets told is that because colours should never be washed (road dirt is a badge of honour), when the police lifted a patched biker they would wash his colours just to pee him off. Leather couldn't be washed like denim.... no idea if this is strictly true, but it has a ring of truth...

Some days ago, I tested a normal Lee sherpa-jacket and the fit was absolutely correct. The arms were fine and all the rest, too. Not bad. :)

bn1966

Sold that cut off on..didn't really work for me. Just back from a scooter rally (Woolacombe North Devon)..saw quite a few cut offs over riding jackets. Have seen a nice Pike Bros one in black that I'm considering.

Can't imagine a 1% ER would wash their cut :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko