Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Denim Jackets - New or Vintage

Colin G

One Too Many
I am sorry but I do not own any Eight-G garments and even if I do, it would be a bit difficult to compare since I am comfortable in Japanese cut and the American cut is usually too long and too big for me. I would trust the Japanese with the actual measurements on their sites which in my experience have mostly been spot on.
I guess you may have to worry about the usual high armhole and narrow sleeves.

Thanks for the info.

I have a long torso and short legs so I think my body type can translate well into Japanese sizing. I am only 5' 8" also.

Japanese sizing is new to me so it can be overwhelming. I can't translate the pants measurement symbols but have it somewhat figured out for shirts or jackets I think.

Hopefully someone who speaks Japanese can translate but I will start my own thread with all of that.

Blackadder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thanks for the info.

I have a long torso and short legs so I think my body type can translate well into Japanese sizing. I am only 5' 8" also.

Japanese sizing is new to me so it can be overwhelming. I can't translate the pants measurement symbols but have it somewhat figured out for shirts or jackets I think.

Hopefully someone who speaks Japanese can translate but I will start my own thread with all of that.
5' 8" is the median for Japanese regular sizing whilst the Western one is 5'10" I think. So a Japanese regular size will fit 5'6 to 5'10 lengthwise. I think you will be fine lengthwise. I am 5'6" so I can wear a regular Japanese made suits but I need a short cut if I buy Western. If you have relatively narrower shoulder and thinner arm then you should be fine.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
You're not a cynic! And I agree, it is short and I can see why people'd be uncomfortable wearing it. Few years ago, I would be, too, so saying that it's not a short jacket would be a lie.
I just really like the way it looks.
I agree, I don't like my leather jacket too short or has sleeve that ends on my wrist, but for whatever reason denim jacket to my eyes can be a little tighter, shorter than my usual length I'm comfortable with, I don't even mind if it even shows my belt, I don't know why.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
since my previous mto is still nowhere on the horizon, I bought a ready to wear type3, got the feeling a type 3 should fit even slimmer and more snug due to its corset like front panel so I dare to pick size S instead of M, would be a tighter fit and might looks cropped both on hem and sleeve, hopefully it works better than being too boringly semi baggy, 14 oz so might work as mid layer under leather, it has extra brand logo on the yoke where the square stitches for the leather patch is usually present , still not sure if I would leave it alone or unstitch it.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
still being delivered by the courier already in my sector... currently waiting for package :eek: and it's raining like hell outside, it was raw on the description, but during delivery I guess it would be one wash by the time I receive it :Dauthentic rain water and all

My fav from Levi's. So far. I just love this thing.
IMG-20190330-133320.jpg

IMG-20190330-133347.jpg

Last edited:

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
I saved my membership card just in time
I cinched the waist adjuster and then from inside I tapered the true waist with temporary hand stitches, i think this fits perfectly now.
Originally it fit straight the hem is fit enough but not cool enough:cool:
The denim is indigo x black 14 oz, local brand, quite happy with everything else, it has 2 inside pockets too by somehow using the handwarmers pocket bags sewn to the waist band and facing forming inside pockets, smart.
OyMRMA6.jpg

I cinched the waist adjuster and then from inside I tapered the true waist with temporary hand stitches, i think this fits perfectly now.
The denim is indigo x black 14 oz, local brand, quite happy with everything else, it has 2 inside pockets too by somehow using the handwarmers pocket bags sewn to the waist band and facing forming inside pockets, smart.
OyMRMA6.jpg
That looks awesome!!

OyMRMA6.jpg

Looks really good! The side adjusters suck on these jackets, though. You gotta iron the bunched material once cinched.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
yeah the side adjuster is placed too low, I guess mainly for deco, if I uncinched I can button all the buttons, but I kinda like how it splits on the bottom when cinched since I would never button the lowest one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24