Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Denim Jackets - New or Vintage

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
careful, any strong feeling about something means you might like and buy it in the future, I used to a have a strong dislike toward raw denim, since biker jeans is so much cooler, look what I wear now. because from dislike I become curious, and try to understand why the hype, and I found heavy weight pants and never look back

if you genuinely uninterested about something you won't feel anything at all. like how I feel about cake, tea and perfume... totally indifferent. :)

Last edited:

Colin G

One Too Many
I think we are finally at a point, after about 15 years, where skinny jeans are starting to go out of fashion. This couldn’t come quick enough in my opinion. It is not a flattering fit for the male body.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unflattering for a flabby male body perhaps. I see chubby guys wear tight pants and they waddle since the pants are too tight.

I've been wearing slim jeans since as long as I can remember. When jeans went wide back in the late 90's, I went slim. In the late 80s, jeans were slimmer and we went baggy.

I find a slim pair of pants much more comfortable than a baggy pair. I find I am constantly fighting the extra material and space rather than the pants moving with me. Similar to how I like my leather jackets to fit.

Whatever floats your boat. Wear slim, baggy or no pants.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
my uncle used to say he only wear straight cut black jeans, and leather soled shoes, and called me having a midlife crisis since I wear leather jackets, all the sudden he started wearing skinny blue jeans and red chuck70 as he turned 70.

Skinny jeans are for those who skip
tenor.gif

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
Big difference between ' slim ' jeans and ' skinny ' jeans. I'm tall and trim and wear slim jeans. However skinny jeans that hug the leg and seem plastered on to show off curves should be reserved for women for obvious reasons IMHO.
HD
if you're a curvy man, don't wear skinny jeans.

Ernest P Shackleton

One Too Many
I remember shopping for Levi 501s in the summer to go back to school, and the coveted pairs were "super straight" legs. In my region, you couldn't find them. I'm glad I never did. I have hairy legs, and I quickly found out from even the roomier styles that it was downright uncomfortable to have stiff denim battling it out with my body. I think they can provide a cool look, but they can't be highwaters too. There has to be some collecting around the ankle and knees to offset how tight they can be everywhere else. When skinny jeans got popular with hair metal in the 80s, along with the bulkiest high tops to be found, I found it to be an odd look. An uncomfortable look at that. I think style is great, but first and foremost, it has to be comfortable. All other priorities follow. Gotta hand it to the other gender. The amount of comfort they sacrifice is unfathomable to me.

Colin G

One Too Many
But even on a skinny man(?)...it's a no:
1.jpg

Now on a woman, it looks perfectly fine:

Jeans this skinny create an hour glass shape...a man should not be shaped like a figure 8...

Agreed. Painted on jeans on men look odd unless you're a twig-like rock star, just like Slash or Iggy Pop.

I'd call those darn tight, not slim or skinny fit.

Last edited:

Ernest P Shackleton

One Too Many
Agreed. Painted on jeans on men look odd unless you're a twig-like rock star, just like Slash or Iggy Pop.
We're not supposed to talk about fashion like that, but I don't know how anyone comes to any other conclusion than that. If you're a rail-thin and tall man in tight jeans, you can pull off that look. Sorry, but body type dictates 99% of this. I'll give confidence 1% because I'm feeling generous today. Man. Woman. Elephant. Camel. Matters not. A good friend tells you when you look ridiculous, and if you're OK with looking ridiculous, then all is cool. You still look ridiculous though. I dress like a clown sometimes, but I acknowledge it. If you're not 6'2" 150LBs, I'm betting you look ridiculous in skinny/tight jeans.

sweetfights

My Mail is Forwarded Here
When I was a kid in the 70's I would wear bell bottom denim jeans with running shoes. Bell bottom was boot cut on steroids.
Fewer style selections in the 70's for kids. In the eighties it was tight denim that was popular with both youthful sexes, minus the bell bottoms. Colored denim was popular in the 80's as was corduroy.
In my mind "skinny jeans" suits very slim but certainly not muscular men.
There are jeans for everyone these days. Pre distressed denim was unbelievable to me when available on the market. After all the jeans I broke in and wore out the thought of comfortable jeans off the rack blew my mind!!!!! I did not even get back into denim till the last 5 years.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran