Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Denim Jackets - New or Vintage

@navetsea , those guys make great stuff. I've been following their gear ever since you first mentioned them. It's so cool how so many of those guys over there are so passionate about denim. Makes me wonder why that is, though. Seems they're a LOT more active and into it than anyone in EU or US.

Anyway, I got something cool. Blanket lined 60's Levi's Type-3. Size M so ought to be perfect. I'm thinking about lining the collar with corduroy. Will see. It's this jacket.
c3267469d0bf29722d48.jpeg

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
@navetsea , those guys make great stuff. I've been following their gear ever since you first mentioned them. It's so cool how so many of those guys over there are so passionate about denim. Makes me wonder why that is, though. Seems they're a LOT more active and into it than anyone in EU or US.

Anyway, I got something cool. Blanket lined 60's Levi's Type-3. Size M so ought to be perfect. I'm thinking about lining the collar with corduroy. Will see. It's this jacket.
c3267469d0bf29722d48.jpeg
Yeah it is when something is booming its really BOOM here. Great find with the short type3 in great condition

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
This is awesome. I'm thinking about getting an M. Finally they got the length right!

https://www.ironheart.co.uk/jackets...sdT3c7O2WGcNSf6SYNwTfWnNFz5h-8uwik5BLCq3fyVKA

ih-526j-22od.jpg
Damn it Monitor!
I just bought this one after reading your post. This is exactly what happened a couple weeks ago when they released the first 22 oz model.
I really need to stop checking this thread every day. I’ve been very good at holding off on purchasing another leather jacket but I seem powerless to resist the urge for IH denim.

Damn it Monitor!
I just bought this one after reading your post. This is exactly what happened a couple weeks ago when they released the first 22 oz model.
I really need to stop checking this thread every day. I’ve been very good at holding off on purchasing another leather jacket but I seem powerless to resist the urge for IH denim.

Lol, you got BOTH the 22's???

Mrfrown

One Too Many
You guys with the collar, always cracks me up.

I picked up this Bravestar Type 3 in 21.5 oz Double Black LHT. I’ve never handled such heavy denim before so it was like a revelation. It was also like trying to put on a jacket made of cardboard lol.

I’ve worn it a few times to work on breaking it in but still get some pretty serious inner elbow pinching, progress is very slow. What’s yalls take on when to cold soak something beastly like this?

I’m thinking about doing the soak and wear-it-dry thing today.

I don’t really care about impact on fades. I just don’t want it to shrink to be too small to get into it.

Had to laugh at re-reading this from the description, makes me wonder at the horror of breaking in a similar weight right hand twill

The left hand twill weave is the secret weapon in this quality as it gives the yarn that suppleness right out the gate which makes the break in process a breeze compared to similar RHT weaves.

DA96C3ED-FF30-4A0D-8943-291176156B70.jpeg
2872BF2C-D593-47E1-8814-F043D4EDCF8C.jpeg
C06AA9BE-83F3-4267-9454-A992684412B1.jpeg

You guys with the collar, always cracks me up.

I picked up this Bravestar Type 3 in 21.5 oz Double Black LHT. I’ve never handled such heavy denim before so it was like a revelation. It was also like trying to put on a jacket made of cardboard lol.

I’ve worn it a few times to work on breaking it in but still get some pretty serious inner elbow pinching, progress is very slow. What’s yalls take on when to cold soak something beastly like this?

I’m thinking about doing the soak and wear-it-dry thing today.

I don’t really care about impact on fades. I just don’t want it to shrink to be too small to get into it.

Had to laugh at re-reading this from the description, makes me wonder at the horror of breaking in a similar weight right hand twill

The left hand twill weave is the secret weapon in this quality as it gives the yarn that suppleness right out the gate which makes the break in process a breeze compared to similar RHT weaves.

View attachment 241471 View attachment 241475 View attachment 241476
Boy if I didn’t have the IH superblack I’d be all over that!! Fantastic jacket. I’d wear it a month or two continuously before a soak. Let it stretch out a bit first and then endure the self loathing soak and wear.

Mrfrown

One Too Many
Boy if I didn’t have the IH superblack I’d be all over that!! Fantastic jacket. I’d wear it a month or two continuously before a soak. Let it stretch out a bit first and then endure the self loathing soak and wear.

The self loathing soak! Good way to sum it up.

Gonna be a few months of Saturdays and Sundays til I can get there. Looking forward to that fine day when it’s ready.

The self loathing soak! Good way to sum it up.

Gonna be a few months of Saturdays and Sundays til I can get there. Looking forward to that fine day when it’s ready.
I recommend a really hot and humid August day. Shouldn’t be hard to come by in your neck of the woods!

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I arrived home this afternoon to find my new IH 22oz overdye Type 3 waiting for me. Initial impression is very good. I love the tone of the overdye, an inky blue- black color. Good fit overall but here is where a little disappointment creeps in. The regular indigo 22oz Jacket I received a few weeks back fits so well out of the box and felt so comfortable right away and this one is not quite there.
I almost wish I had received this jacket first because if I had then I think I would be raving about the fit since I would have nothing better to compare it to
A58BDDD0-38EA-4B89-B755-BF45018A812C.jpeg

All in all I am still pretty happy with this one. I’m going to try to wear it as much as I can in the next week or two and see if I can knock some of the newness out of it.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner