Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Denim Jackets - New or Vintage

Whitters

One of the Regulars
To continue the creases discussion;
Had anybody used spray starch to fix creases on denim?
I know it was a thing many years ago, with the centre crease!

My jacket has dried really stiff which is great, but I now want to fix them to help the process...

navetsea

I'll Lock Up

My jacket has dried really stiff which is great, but I now want to fix them to help the process...
I think, people who seek for fades on their raw still do that starching their jeans after they wash or soak it to keep it starchy, imo you should wear and blunt/ square off the peaks of your creases instead like bend your elbow and rest your forearm against table or bend your elbows and use your arms as pillow for a nap , they look somewhat too pointy for sleeve creases.

The creases are already set. No need for starch. It needs a year of daily wear and then another soak after that.

Mich486

One Too Many
Ted De Grazia wearing double denim and engineers. Too cool!

458A4922-5152-417F-8885-0ECABFA772B2.jpeg

Red! Like it. :)
I think mine was Toughskins.
I can’t remember the brand although I’m sure they came from sears. I do know I had this red one, a brown one that I hated and a periwinkle blue corduroy version. Somehow I didn’t get the crap beat out of me everyday. LOL.

I still find the question interesting.
What is the important difference between men's and women's jeans, today?

I mean, the only really important difference in my eyes is, that the butt seems to be cutted roomier/rounder on woman's jeans. The left side zipper seems to be dying out. Manufacturing seems to go more and more to unisex production.

My last jeans is a bootcut from the woman's section. But the cut seems to be unisex. I don't see any special female points on it.

Any other thoughts?

bn1966

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I had a similar “suit”
View attachment 255769

Really digging red denim, have been searching the Bay for a while for a red Levi jacket but to no avail. Ended up buying a very washed out blue used type 3. Thinking about sending this to Shawn at 5* and getting a copy in black deerskin. My only other denim jacket is a dark blue 30’s workwear version by SJC in the UK.

bn1966

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I still find the question interesting.
What is the important difference between men's and women's jeans, today?

I mean, the only really important difference in my eyes is, that the butt seems to be cutted roomier/rounder on woman's jeans. The left side zipper seems to be dying out. Manufacturing seems to go more and more to unisex production.

My last jeans is a bootcut from the woman's section. But the cut seems to be unisex. I don't see any special female points on it.

Any other thoughts?

Tried to get into my Wife’s......they don’t fit at all :)

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
Could be, but I don't see any problem while wearing usual elasthane boxerbriefs.
I mean mens jeans has more square cut on the front crotch, if you put the pants from the side lift up one leg then see the crotch seam, mens pants has square-ish front crotch and round back crotch, women's pants has round crotch front and back.

lack of room on the front if you buy the pants slim on your waist might be pulling on the front and create lots more creases around the crotch and might have moose knuckle look. if you buy bigger size then probably you can getaway with it, but perhaps too roomy/ flare out on the hip

I mean mens jeans has more square cut on the front crotch, if you put the pants from the side lift up one leg then see the crotch seam, mens pants has square-ish front crotch and round back crotch, women's pants has round crotch front and back.

lack of room on the front if you buy the pants slim on your waist might be pulling on the front and create lots more creases around the crotch and might have moose knuckle look. if you buy bigger size then probably you can getaway with it, but perhaps too roomy/ flare out on the hip

Aah, was just a misunderstanding! :)

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
Is it because you want color not available on mens pants? Is there special reason to buy the womens pants, the short zipper length and the small back pockets might still be nuissance if you carry your wallet in your back pocket.

Probably cargo/ tactical pants style is truly unisex, 5pockets jeans probably not unisex.

Is it because you want color not available on mens pants? Is there special reason to buy the womens pants, the short zipper length and the small back pockets might still be nuissance if you carry your wallet in your back pocket.

Probably cargo/ tactical pants style is truly unisex, 5pockets jeans probably not unisex.

Not the colour. The last jeans bootcut, because no bootcut jeans everywhere in men's sections. The zipper was normal (men's) length and rightsided, the pockets a little shorter but roomy enough. Must be kind of a unisex jeans or relate to this.

I still think, "the secret" must be back side. I think, the average men's jeans are cutted flatter in the back, because of flatter butts. But I don't see the problem to fit in the women's.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21