Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Denim Jackets - New or Vintage

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
is that a glasses/ shades hanger hole on the pocket flap? what a great idea
I was wondering what it was, lol. Looks like a horizontal button hole in the pocket flap. I thought it was just one of Diesel's crazy quirks, but it very well may be for shades! Thanks @navetsea! PS - I will take a couple of pics of the jacket in a better resolution and ask you guys if the fades/distressing looks totally fake or passable on this jacket. I think Diesel does fake distressing pretty well, certainly not at the Thedi level, but that is God (err, Zeus), level...;)

Last edited:

ES335

One of the Regulars
I'm new to high end denim, but my first score w/IH was great. I found their customer service to be exceptional, and the jacket build and material is flawless (believe me, at $400 I look at every seam). I usually take a 44US, but this is XXL and fits perfectly. Maybe it's just my arm length but as you might expect with out stretched arms while riding they're slightly long. Not a problem at all and look great during normal wear rolled up a cuff-width; I expect that will go away as the elbow creases "stack" with wear and use. I'm very happy with my purchase, and I look forward to cooler jacket weather here in the US Mid-Atlantic.

Jules Myers

One of the Regulars
I'm new to high end denim, but my first score w/IH was great. I found their customer service to be exceptional, and the jacket build and material is flawless (believe me, at $400 I look at every seam). I usually take a 44US, but this is XXL and fits perfectly. Maybe it's just my arm length but as you might expect with out stretched arms while riding they're slightly long. Not a problem at all and look great during normal wear rolled up a cuff-width; I expect that will go away as the elbow creases "stack" with wear and use. I'm very happy with my purchase, and I look forward to cooler jacket weather here in the US Mid-Atlantic.

they really do a first rate job of making sure the fit will be right. I’ve got one of their western shirts using the “mattress ticking” fabric, and every detail is beautiful. That being said, I’m a couple months into their 25 oz 666 jeans and those things are still kicking my ass.

ES335

One of the Regulars
LOL, I've been tempted by those jeans, but just can't stomach the wallet damage. 21oz is plenty for a jacket, I'm waiting for Brave Star to release something in the 25oz range for less that half the price. Still, I highly recommend this jacket, it should last way longer than I do ;) BTW, I believe this fixation with customer fit makes all the difference in customer and product satisfaction...

Jules Myers

One of the Regulars
LOL, I've been tempted by those jeans, but just can't stomach to wallet damage. 21oz is plenty for a jacket, I'm waiting for Brave Star to release something in the 25oz range for less that half the price. Still, I highly recommend this jacket, it should last way longer than I do ;)
Yep, I’ve been very happy with Bravestar too. Any pics of your IH jacket yet?

Mandarin

Practically Family
Joe McCoy

Joe McCoy trucker fit-1-2.jpg

Attachments

• Joe McCoy trucker fit-1-3.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 877

Edward

Bartender
I love the look of new, dark indigo denim. I just wish somebody could invent some magical treatment which meant it would stay dark. I know I'm probably in a minority of one on this, but I'd really prefer my denim not to fade. Interestingly, my Wrangler 13MWZ, while not as dark as ideal at the start, seem to have stayed fairly even all over, which is a plus.

Leigh H

Practically Family
Just to share my new score. This is the same Sherpa I spent several winters in 35 years ago. It was made by an Italian brand now out of market (very famous and costly back then and still now). I was lucky to find a new one from an old stock. I guess we can call it nostalgia. View attachment 393328 View attachment 393329

Wow what a great find! in perfect condition too. Still looks great today!

Reactions: Alz

Sonero

Practically Family
Just a heads up DICKIES has come out with a new model denim chore coat. I have it on order. Their denim shirts this year are of exceptional quality. Both have been lacking for a few years.

Also just picked up a Tellason chore coat. Highly recommend. Great fit fair cost for the 14oz version.

I will post pics once everything comes in.

It's cool! Dickies had been making these off and on for decades.

Any similarity to a certain poser-fest overpriced $550 knockoff must be purely coincidental.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner