Dennis Weaver R.I.P.

Discussion in 'The Observation Bar' started by Sefton, Feb 27, 2006.

1. Sefton

Sefton Call Me a Cab

Actor Dennis Weaver has passed away today from cancer. He was a prolific actor who appeared in many movies and TV shows. His most famous TV work was the 1960s western show "Gunsmoke" and in the 70s as detective "McCloud". Among his many movie credits he had a memorable role as the nervous hotel watchman in Orson Wells classic noir "Touch of Evil". Dennis Weaver was aged 82.
    [​IMG]

2. STHill

STHill One of the Regulars

He was also great in "Duel."

3. Sefton

Sefton Call Me a Cab

How could I forget to mention Duel? It's one of his best and still one of the best by Speilberg... thanks for reminding me!

4. Hondo

Hondo One Too Many

Death be not proud :cry:
    I'm gonna have a stiff one,
    RIP

5. Prairie Shade

Prairie Shade A-List Customer

These last 3-4 days have taken several of my favorites. Now Dennis Weaver, oh well, ask not for whom the bell tolls. Wear your hats while you can.

6. Bebop

Bebop Practically Family

Weaver was a vegetarian since 1957. Before it was hip to be meatless. Unfortunately, being a vegetarian for almost 50 years does not guarantee you will never be visited by cancer. I understand he was less "Hollywood" than most actors and quite a humble man.

7. Dis

Dis New in Town

How did I miss hearing about this? I loved Duel and I adored him as McCloud. I'll miss him.

8. shortbrim

shortbrim New in Town

Dennis Weaver

I met him once in a clothing store in the Valley, Los Angeles, after the gun quit smoking. I was a young teen and he was a really nice guy, especially when I said "you don't limp, do you?" Anyway, he was very humble. In those days many retired actors would act as mairtre d's at fancy restaurants, so you could see Fred Murtz or some ex boxer or baseball player fairly often. Some of them knew they were human beings and acted accordingly, and Dennis Weaver was one of them!

9. shoeshineboy

shoeshineboy Practically Family

my parents got to meet him in colorado...but i don't remember which town...it was about 10 years ago when one of the towns opened up to gambling...they had a big parade and stuff over it. but later they ran into him and they said he was as down to earth as they come....

mark the shoehshine boy