Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Depression Era clothing: Cinderella Man?

Creeping Past

One Too Many
Pinney's is a revelation. The long-sleeve button front looks to be a little on the short side, though. I prefer them below the bum and preferably mid-thigh.

bshee

New in Town
too bad it's not in America, I'd get killed with shipping...and with the pound rallying against the dollar... (I think).

I can't seem to find the Buzz Rickson 3 button undershirt, I went on their website and I don't see it anywhere.

Brian

Burnsie

bshee said:
I can't seem to find the Buzz Rickson 3 button undershirt, I went on their website and I don't see it anywhere.

Brian
The Buzz 3 button is not on the site or the catalog but they're available in Japan and on eBay - will PM you a link since it's a current auction...

EDIT - can't PM you so search Buzz Rickson and you'll find it

Creeping Past

One Too Many
I've tried phoning Pinney's, but I can't find a number from directory inquiries. The email I sent them has not been replied to and their Ebay shop has no items for sale.

Does anyone know if they're still in business?

H Johnson? I know you have your methods...

Mr. Rover

One Too Many
This is one to wait for when it goes on sale, but it's a great vintage-style henley in a very soft brushed cotton flannel

pPOLO2-5447874_standard_v330.jpg

http://rugby.com/shop/item.aspx?productId=3382771&categoryId=3138886

Sir RBH

A-List Customer
Gentlemen.
Good Day to you
As a blatant plug for my little one man industry, we stock High Cross and also the very best in long sleeve and short sleeve Undershirts from Vedoniere. The quality is excpetional..
Have a look in the store...

Regards
RBH

Suitable

New in Town
I'll put in a strident word against clip-on braces and clip-on brace buttons. Get brace buttons sewn inside or outside (as you wish) your trousers. Any seamstress will do this for a small amount of money. (If the seamstress doesn't know where the buttons belong, find another seamstress.) A tailor or a dry cleaner will also do the work inexpensively.

Clip-on braces do not hold, and they look cheap and nasty. Wear the real thing.

Trousers worn with braces should be an inch or two larger in the waist. Enjoy the comfort of looser trousers guaranteed not to move out of position.

Advanced wearers will try custom-made trousers with an English (fish-mouth) back. These are worn only with braces and therefore should not have belt loops.

Creeping Past

One Too Many
Well, you can have belt loops and a fishtail back.

Sometimes it's nice to go 'rural' and wear a belt with this type of trouser...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto