Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Depression Era clothing: Cinderella Man?

H.Johnson

One Too Many
Rather! I am a great admirer of Miss Willey...although OT's prices are a bit steep. You can get Smedley's merino undies for less than that in Matlock - it must be the cost of transport to Norfolk!

mattfink

Practically Family
Mr. 'H' said:
:eek:fftopic:

Coincidentally,

"Balbriggan" is just outside Dublin, and this is where our member "matei" used to live!

Drove through there many times on the way home to Dundalk (more so before the freeway). My wife's family is from Ireland.

Creeping Past

One Too Many
Jim Bob said:
Just found a great site with some really nice things for sale, don't know if anybody has seen it before. There are some henleys for sale in the tie/knitwear section.

http://www.old-town.co.uk/products.htm

Oh yes, they make grand clothes and offer great service.

I've been buying Smedley underwear off the internet recently. From the looks of their new catalogue they've stopped making proper underwear for men and have ventured into sating the unformed appetites of fashionable boys. That is, the new vests are made to be worn over denim, and don't even pretend to cover the arse. That's a shame. Still, all the more bargains for the more eagle-eyed among us as they ditch new old stock.

H.Johnson

One Too Many
That's what they sell over the web. The factory sells the old stuff, still.

Creeping Past said:
Oh yes, they make grand clothes and offer great service.

I've been buying Smedley underwear off the internet recently. From the looks of their new catalogue they've stopped making proper underwear for men and have ventured into sating the unformed appetites of fashionable boys. That is, the new vests are made to be worn over denim, and don't even pretend to cover the arse. That's a shame. Still, all the more bargains for the more eagle-eyed among us as they ditch new old stock.

Feraud

Bartender
^ Nice. I have a version from Ralph Lauren that came with a detachable soft collar. I sometimes wear the shirt w/out the collar. I like the option.

mattfink

Practically Family
I looked into ordering one of those Homespun henley's and they aren't going to be available until May? WTF?

Feraud

Bartender
Speaking of henleys here is another JCrew version. For a hundred and forty bucks it had better sing me to sleep.
erez

http://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/polostees/texturedknits/PRDOVR~42058/42058.jsp

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leatherpatch