Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Detachable Collars Stateside?

3PcSuit

One of the Regulars
Hello everyone. As someone that generally dons a tie every day, I try to wear something a little bit nicer on Easter. Am looking to get some new detachable collars for my Toomey neckband shirt, and maybe some cuffs, but I am saddened to see that, sinc emy last order, Amazon Drygoods is on the verge of closing.

As usual I have put this off to the last minute. Only looking for a high wing and maybe a varied assortment of others. Back in '06 when I bought the last batch of this stuff, I found Drygoods and one other U.S. company. Anyone know whom I'm talking about? I have a 15" neck if that helps.

Thanks all for the advice. Would prefer to stay in the U.S. solely due to time at this point. Notice a lot of companies in U.K and I assume there are some in Canada. Watching Law & Order U.K. I understand why so many! ;-)

MB5

One of the Regulars
Last edited:

3PcSuit

One of the Regulars
Hey, thanks for the quick response. Any other companies that stock detachables?

Could've sworn there was one somewhere in New England or on the East Coast. . .

I'd jump on the 2-3/8" if it weren't $19. Even though it's cotton reusable and that's nice, IDK about paying more for a collar than (granted) a cheap Chinese shirt.

All I've ever used is the disposable type. Seems like those aren't as highly-rated that you've found. I like the really high ones. Any idea what Amazon Dryuygoods is/was? They used to have sizes, but looks as if they took them down.

Guess I need to make some calls in a hurry though! Can't believe it's Wednesday already. . .

3PcSuit

One of the Regulars
Right? I just found that myself.

IDK about 3-1/2 xc 2 INCHES. Seems really high front.

3PcSuit

One of the Regulars
THey are still in business, but they're out of a lot of collar types. LOL, don't want to look like one of the Wright Brothers. Wore those collars a few times for kicks, and am STILL embarassed looking at photos of me in them in the 21st Century! ;-)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner