Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Detachable shirt collar question

Dreamofgilgamesh

A-List Customer
Dear group, I've been looking at collarless tunic shirts and I have a couple of questions I hope you can help me with.
I've found several sources for the actual shirts, I've found several sources for the collars, but very few that combine the shirts and the collars.
So, my question is, would, generally speaking, all the shirts and collars be compatible with one another, is there a standardisation between various manufacturers?

Thanks chaps

BR Gordon

One Too Many
I'm new to detachable collar shirts so don't take this as a definitive answer, but I believe that they are standardized. The middle of the throat and the center of the neck in the rear. The only variation that I can imagine would be in the height and that would be minimal.

As for places that sell both, Darcy's has a good selection of collars and a limited selection of shirts, aside from evening shirts. I am in the process of ordering tunic shirts from Luxire, but have not ordered any collars from them.

Mr. Speakeasy

One of the Regulars
If the shirt has the proper button holes for the studs it should be standardized and compatable with any collars of the same neck size, the only thing to keep in mind is if you buy a white shirt from one company and a white collar from another company it probably isn't the same material so together they might look a little off, otherwise a white collar with a striped or patterned shirt is classic and a never fail

Dreamofgilgamesh

A-List Customer
, the only thing to keep in mind is if you buy a white shirt from one company and a white collar from another company it probably isn't the same material so together they might look a little off, otherwise a white collar with a striped or patterned shirt is classic and a never fail

Ah yes, very good point about the material not matching, must consider that. Thanks Very much

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner