Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Diamond Clothing Black Shinki Buco J100

HPA Rep

Vendor
PN, I hate to join the chorus but, notwithstanding the considerable positive aspects of your new jacket, the misaligned chest pockets depicted in your photo are a meaningful shortcoming and would be a definite deal breaker for me. Sorry dude. On the other hand, I have little doubt that Dave would remake the jacket for you with better aligned chest pockets.

1000% in agreement - totally unacceptable, which was the subject of a thread about 10 days ago where we discussed our tolerance levels. As one who institutes QC inspections on every item we sell and who is on the tip of the spear when listening to custom inquiries and complaints such as this, we'd be crucified by customers if such an issue manifested itself and, in turn, the manufacturer would get an ear job from me. A truly capable sewer would not let this happen and a QC manager would not let this get in customer hands.

HPA Rep

Vendor
As a reference point:

buco_j100_zip_open.jpg

This is a perfect illustration of how it should always be for high-end jackets ...

HPA Rep

Vendor
Hmmm, you ARE talking to a very fussy bunch here, myself included.
<snip>
The other thing that ****s me living here in Aust, is that these mistakes CAN be rectified, but you, the purchaser, are still up for at least $100 to post it back & the customs duties you likely paid are also gone.

<snip>

Duty and taxes should be reclaimable if you contact the authorities first to establish the proper protocol; every country we deal with, which includes Australia, will not charge you twice if you follow the correct protocol, and if you want a refund, the charges can also be received back.

Regarding the merchant and shipping costs, that's something that you should address and each merchant will likely have different policies. If we send something out that is in any form incorrect/defective and agreed to as such by us, we pay for return shipping and the cost to supply the correct, new item. Why should the customer pay for that which is of no fault of their own? Fit is totally different and subjective; we only pay if an item is not of the correct size/type/color as ordered or if the tag size doesn't correspond to what was received, which is next to zero chance.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
That's a shame. I'll be honest..I wouldn't be happy with that.

Neither would I, tbh. I noticed it when you first posted this morning, but I wasn't utterly sure if it was down to the angle of the camera. I surprised DD let that jacket go out looking like that, really. I know people like him and his stuff, DD certainly seems to do a nice line in leathers, but that sort of QC would not inspire me to hand him my hard-earned readies. [huh]

Last edited:

Justhandguns

Practically Family
Looks great justhandguns, is that the 'standard' horsehide he uses? The red lining is a nice touch.

Well, I have always been quite lucky with mail orders, so far.... except for one (touch wood....!!). If I recall correctly, it is something called Maverick from Horween. I really like the suppleness of the leather. The red lining was something that I saw from a limited edition RMC Buco J100. I think it adds a little bit to the uniqueness!!

Somehow, you really have to admire the QC of the Japanese manufacturers, I am not saying that Dave jackets are not on par, but mishaps do happen, especially when they are made to order (probably in a hurry when we all have the syndrome of looking out the door for delivery....).

Sorry for the Buzz-kill PN!
I'm sure it will get sorted out.
When said and done, you will have a phenomenal jacket... I looks great (apart from "the issue").

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
but all this experience shouldn't have happened in the first place...right... do they hope their client would cope with it, learn to love/ live with it?
being a handmade item where a single person worked on it from start to finish, this kind of problem must have been glaringly visible right away even before stitching the panels together.
Clients are not QC personnel, upon receiving a product we would concentrate more on the beauty of the item it shouldn't be our job to find quirks and mistake and ship back the item.

technovox

One Too Many
Truly a bit of a downer after so much expectation. I've found that sometimes a minor flaw can add to the character and charm of a jacket. But misaligned pockets are definitely not on that list. I would agree that a remake is warranted.
I've seen my share of delivered custom ordered jackets with fundamental mistakes ...from merchants big and small (even from the other side of the pond.) No one is perfect. Ultimately, what matters is how the merchant handles it.

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Dave got back to me overnight and has kindly offered a remake.

Just putting it out there, if anyone is a size 40 and doesn't mind a slightly misaligned chest pocket on an otherwise immaculate jacket. (it really is immaculate other than that). I'd be getting in touch with Dave.

SpeedRcrX

One Too Many
Beautiful jacket and thank you for the comparison between the Vicenza and the Shinki leather.

I can't wait to see fit pics.

Like everyone, if I have something like that with my pocket I would become obsessed with it, especially with the price of the jacket.

But I'm sure it will be resolve in no time.

BobJ

Practically Family
I guess I'm the odd man out here, but I think the slightly misaligned pockets add character. I would like the jacket MORE because of them. A beautiful jacket, and definitely one of a kind!

tropicalbob

I'm with you, and if Diamond Dave wants to chalk this one up tp experience, and at the same time send a ray of light and hope to one who has been poorly treated by this lousy world, I'd be happy to oblige. I think a 40 in that style would be just right.

ProteinNerd

Why not contact Dave? The jacket will be back with him soon.

A year ago, I never really wore my jackets zipped so it wouldn't have bothered me. You don't notice it when the jacket is unzipped. Apart from that, the damn jacket was a work of art.

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
Daves a dude, and his products are superb. Glad it's sorted Protein....looking forward to seeing the new one now!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner