Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Diamond Dave - Buco J-21

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
A-1 I'm glad the jacket worked out so well for you and looks great. Appears to be seriously cold weather presently where you are located.

Reactions: A-1

mendelboaz

One Too Many
YES! We have a winner, ladies and gentlemen! I only wish my Aero J106 was that short on me.. It suits the D-pocket style a lot better. But then again, I do prefer a vintage look and therefor highwaisted jeans. A modern length jacket looks a bit too long on me IMO, or you could say it's a modern look. It depends on which you prefer but you definitely pull it off.

A-1

One Too Many
Well, thanks for the kind words y'all! It makes me happy to see you like the fit. I'm wearing a very thick sweater underneath, it's cooooold here!
I'll shoot some more photos and detail shots soon. I'll also let the photos speak for itself as, IMO, it's a piece of art. I think I'll build a glass showcase to put it in when I'm not wearing it, haha.

sweetfights

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Oh well, I think it does. It's quite short on me. The upper sleeves are wide and all in all it's quite wide.
But I think I can live with it. I mean it's very comfy! The leather is unbelievably beautiful and its color especially!
The shortness is the only thing I'm a bit
worried about.
Here are just three (5?) very quick shots.
I'll get better ones when my wife has the time haha.
Please don't mind the boots. Just got back from renovating the house...
539c95de3dd96eca940e7d3d893dc3ec.jpg

63e0cf657824173e2849c1f53ed76353.jpg

d984f4c52bab0677d5ba68cf16d7eeb0.jpg

What do you think?
You suit the look- well done!

A-1

One Too Many
Yeah, Dickie, but a very silly one only!
Here we go:
c569f214c4050f617f2784cf07b3d065.jpg

18c06a9b393b59a0850d94e8489bc2ac.jpg

It's actually two inches shorter than I've ordered it to be.
What do you think about the length?

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
Seeing it without a jumper hiding your belt line I would say it is definitely on the short side, and I would not be ok with it. But i am not the one wearing it...
Yes, these jacket were historically worn short, but do you want a historically accurate jacket, or do you want what you ordered?

Either way, it does look very cool!

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
I'm going to be contrary: to me it's too wide and too short. Maybe if it was a bit more fitted, the length wouldn't be such an issue, but the proportions just look 'off' to my eye. Feel free to discard this opinion. Any explanation as to why it was two inches short?

Badass as ever, but too short for me.
Looks great, but if you have doubts...remake time. If you keep it, I'd get a killer Garrison belt to go with it.

nick123

I'll Lock Up
I think it looks longer in those pics than the ones you posted earlier. Tbh it would look off and start to lose its edge if much longer. But that's just my opinion, and everyone has theirs.

A-1

One Too Many
Yeah, it’s quite wide, but very comfy as well. So, even with a thick sweater it’s very nice to wear the jacket. @Sloan1874 I have no idea why it’s so short. At first I thought „damn, now I gotta send it back!“ Now I kind a got used to it. Man, I don’t know.
TBH, if I remade it, I’d get one size smaller in width and one inch longer. That’s actually what I’ve ordered in the first place. 25,5“ length and 23,5“ width. Now it is 23,5“ long and 24“ wide. Another thing is that the arms are very wide. I just don’t know what to do. I’m torn, because it’s so much money and I want the jacket to be perfect. But it’s also a real piece of art and very close to fitting well.

Superfluous

My Mail is Forwarded Here
In response to the first photos, I bit my tongue and refrained from being a killjoy. Now, I gotta say it: IMHO, the jacket is too short. A leather jacket is not a halter . . . . a tucked shirt should not be exposed below the bottom of the jacket. Please forgive my blunt opinion, but I strongly believe you will not be happy with this jacket in the long run. You said it yourself . . . it is two full inches shorter than you ordered (thats inexcusable). Although you have "gotten used to it," that has been out of necessity, because you don't want to go through the hassle of a remake. However, your current willingness to accept the shortcomings (pun intended) will wear off, and you will be left with a compromised jacket that you will be self-conscious about and cease wearing. In the long run, a remake will be well worth the hassle. This is a long term investment. You should not have to make excuses and compromise on something like this. Get a longer jacket that does not require excuses or "getting used to." Only then will you experience long term, enduring pleasure from the jacket.

mendelboaz

One Too Many
I think it looks great. You can fix that width problem by wearing it with a belt. The jacket being a vintage style, it'll look better when worn with highwaisted jeans (50s style). If you can live with the short, I say dig it. I sure do!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran