Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Diamond Dave - Buco J-21

58panheadfan

One Too Many
Original%20vs%20Repro_zpsn17j7gmd.jpg

Last edited:

A-1

One Too Many
Even if I'm alone here, to me the original positioning of the chest pocket in the left pic doesn't look as good as on the remake.
I get it with the cigarette pocket though.
Still, I must admit that I like my jacket more than any of the originals I've seen.

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
Fantastic! Congrats mate. You must be pumped. The pocket placement isn't faze me at all. I think the whole thing looks red hot. Well done.

58panheadfan

One Too Many
@A-1 Nice looking jacket, you wearing it very well. Congrats to the maker DD!

You ordered a repro and got a repro with it's own touch... you didn't order a clone ;)

Reactions: A-1

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Per Himel, the size of the pocket remains the same regardless of the size of the jacket.

That makes no sense to me. Why go to the effort of grading everything else on a jacket and then when it comes to the pockets, go 'och, cannae be bothered, that'll do' (I'm assuming Himel is a relative of Groondskeeper Wullie)?
Grading the sizes would have made positioning easier for a start, but also sticking a 36 pocket on to a 48 jacket would ultimately be an unsatisfying compromise. Very weird.

Last edited:
Well, that's probably because the pocket is designed to be utilitarian. Messing with its size wouldn't be good, especially not on smaller jackets.

Some more photos of the Buco jackets.

Another longer J-24, I believe:
d0121303_14284339.jpg

d0121303_14285251.jpg

Normal one
20140429_b55177.JPG

And another...
f0219953_1530345.jpg

f0219953_15305015.jpg

lj309-88.jpg

I guess there aren't any rules to it, really? They'd sometimes move the pocket up, sometimes they wouldn't. This was probably up to the machinist.

pawineguy

One Too Many
Even if I'm alone here, to me the original positioning of the chest pocket in the left pic doesn't look as good as on the remake.
I get it with the cigarette pocket though.
Still, I must admit that I like my jacket more than any of the originals I've seen.

Any other details not withstanding, in the left picture above I don't like the pull chain from the top zipper falling right onto the zipper below. To me, that one is too close.

pawineguy

One Too Many
This is 2" longer??
OMG the other was way too short.
This one is awesome (still short-ish vibe, totally badass).
Is the back middle loop in there somewhere?

Congrats A-1!

I was thinking the same thing when I saw the back... still on the short side, but IMO that's where it should be. I do see the stud for the inside belt loop in the bottom picture... shouldn't be an outside loop there, just the inside one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vladyslav