Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Diamond Dave - Buco J-21

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I think the jacket looks great, fits you really well and the length looks perfectly adapted to modern low rise jeans.

As for all the comments re the pocket placement....the originals all differed anyway. No matter where they are, you could find an example that had a slightly different placement.

This is where the quest for perfection turns to nit picking and can stop you enjoying what is an awesome jacket. Just wear the hell out of it and enjoy it, it looks great.

33140a32c7edda5c187e465b93e58b24.jpg

aba4ac029e3b72453e5b2ac30634dfcd.jpg

Two very quick ones!
Sorry for the stupid posture.
That's a beauty and the fit looks perfect. Does the front hem dip a bit? It looks like it might and suits the style quite well.

A-1

One Too Many
Does the front hem dip a bit? It looks like it might and suits the style quite well.
Indeed it does. And I love this fact! I have no idea if that is true to the original vintage ones but I really dig the front dip.

A-1

One Too Many
I just got an email from DD. He also confirms the info that SF got from Himel and gives us some more insight:

"Military or civilian; pocket sizes NEVER change. Whether a small discrepancy here or there occurs in the sewing, the basic shape and size of pockets is always the same. This is due to the fact that though a human beings size may change drastically from one to another, the size of their hands and neck rarely change as much. Pattern drafters sorted that out years ago, and that is why all Buco jackets have the same sized D pocket as well as length of the other pockets. As a matter of fact, it also has to do with the length of the zippers used in them. Your jacket has 7" zips in all of the longer pockets (including the D and Map pockets) a 5" in the chest, and 6.25 in the sleeves. Standard, across the board. No maker in his right mind, would make those different for each size especially since an error or accident could well occur!

This is very apparent when you see a size 36 next to say a size 46. Same size pockets but look very different.

This holds true also on military jackets. Think about this, we have dies made to cut out these pieces, just as the military contractors did back in WWII. They do not change. So a pocket will look huge on a size 36 but normal on a 38-42 (most patterns are based around a sz 38, and then scaled to each size)“

I never had any doubt that the pockets doesn't change.

How'd you fit that cigarette pack in if they shrank the pocket size?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic