Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dick Tracy Secret Codes!!

zaika

One Too Many
So...I'm listening to Dick Tracy (courtesy of Boxcar711's wonderful podcasts)....and now I really want to know what the secret codes say. I looked around on the internet for a scan or write up of the secret code book from 1938 (when this show was broadcast)...but no dice.

Anyone privvy to this kind of information? Please, please share with me!! I'm dying of curiosity over here. :D

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
Ovaltine

I guess this means we're all getting ready psychologically for seeing "A Christmas Story" again this December for the 17th time in a row. I don't care, I still love it. I like when the milk comes out of his little brother's nose.

zaika

One Too Many
dhermann1 said:
I guess this means we're all getting ready psychologically for seeing "A Christmas Story" again this December for the 17th time in a row. I don't care, I still love it. I like when the milk comes out of his little brother's nose.

you know...i always seem to miss watching that movie during the holidays. i avoid TV because it makes Christmas unbearably irritating. but...i dunno...i think i might pick me up a copy of this movie to have while i wrap pressies and bake gingerbread cookies. :D

K

kpreed

zaika said:
you know...i always seem to miss watching that movie during the holidays. i avoid TV because it makes Christmas unbearably irritating. but...i dunno...i think i might pick me up a copy of this movie to have while i wrap pressies and bake gingerbread cookies. :D
I too avoid T.V., but I love that movie and have the tape and watch it every year without fail.

BeBopBaby

One Too Many
I can still vividly remember going to see A Christmas Story in the movie theater (which has since been torn down) with my cousin when I was 8 years old. We've both loved that movie ever since. It really seems to strike a note with people and has become quite a pop culture phenomenon. I wonder why? Is it because it's such a simple, entertaining story that everyone can relate to? Is it the humour?

My cousin and I still quote the movie to each other and are planning to drive to Cleveland to see the Christmas story house next month! I'm actually excited! lol I actually thought about making a pink bunny suit to wear.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany