Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dickies...

Scuffy

One of the Regulars
I bought my first pair of Dickies brand pants yesterday and I must say that I' love the way they fit and feel! They are higher waisted than most modern pants, about the same as cowboy cut Wranglers. Flat front looks great in my opinion not to mention that I love the weight and feel of the fabric. I'm quite impressed, enough so that I foresee a few more pairs in my future!

Incidentally they looked sharp enough that I wore them to a dinner theater production down in Akron (Singin' in the Rain at the Carousel Dinner Theater) last night.

Anywho, just thought I'd rant and ramble for a bit! :D :D

lindylady

A-List Customer
I used to wear Dickies when my high school required uniforms. It's good to see that the quality of one brand hasn't diminished. I may have to look into getting another pair. :)

resortes805

Call Me a Cab
In the late 90's Dickies released a line of workpants with the same cut and logo from the Depression era. They were available only through their mail away catalog and I passed on them at the time; now I wish I had'nt.

Honestly, their double knee work pants (the baggy ones) actually have a more authentic vintage fit then their traditional 874's. Take away the extra material at knee and superflous cell phone pocket and you have nice pair of full cut trouser. I still prefer Ben Davis though.

PeeWee

One of the Regulars
I wear Dickies carpenter jeans, and wear Dickies coveralls with my felt hats all the time. I'm thinking of ordering a pair of kahki work pants.

Sefton

Call Me a Cab
If you're into the 60s type of trouser they can ,with a minimal bit of alteration be made into a very serviceable version of that narrow type. I've a friend who does that and you'd never know that he wasn't wearing genuine 60s vintage. They are much cheaper than Ben Davis too...at least in San Francisco where I get mine for about $20 each.

Ben Davis does have the nifty monkey logo though...;)

Brooksie

One Too Many
A couple of months ago I found a nice pair of basic black Dickies pants at the Goodwill in the bin for $2.69. I wear them to work at least once a week and I usually get complimented when I wear them, they are a nice change from wearing jeans.

Brooksie

Gray Ghost

A-List Customer
I wear Dickies on a normal basis. I wear the black work pants at work all the time and have even worn them with a gray sport coat to church. I like the way they look and feel. I have several pairs in khaki and a pair in grey.

Gray Ghost

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy