Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Did you ever regret selling a jacket?

jonbuilder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I have regretted not buying a jacket or two. The last on was a clean Taubers caferacer in my size with decent sleeve length on Ebay. The seller asking asking a big price but he did reduce and accepted an offer. I should have been more aggressive when my fist offer was countered

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
I put my Ducati up for sale yesterday and have considered if I will still have the passion for wear motorcycle jackets when it sells. I do not plan to buy another motorcycle. I am purchasing a larger sailboat and hat will tale up my time and energies.
I have a hard time believing you'll sell your star glove jacket and buy some deck jacket instead :p

MichaelRhB

One of the Regulars
Just one. A shirt-collar type leather motorcycle jacket that is no longer made. I checked with the manufacturer and it was actually discontinued when I bought it. Very well made, sharp styling, lots, of pockets, and vents.

Can't even find another one similar to it. It was made by First Manufacturing and called the 'Bronson'. I can't even find one used.

413zf7X45ZL._AC_.jpg

technovox

One Too Many
The only jacket sale that comes back to haunt me is that vintage Horsehide Vanson Enfield I sold a while back. I can still remember the moment I spotted it at the flea market, the hide was just spectacular and it just had that off-the-charts cool factor... Sigh.

vansonhorsemain.jpg

Edward

Bartender
I don't think I've ever regretted selling a jacket. I'd love to see my first leather jacket again, but it was unwearably small for me when I sold it (I was sixteen when I got it), and I'll never be a 38" chest again. I actually have something of the opposite problem. Last Summer we cleared out an enormous amount of old stuff from my little flat - I had enough in there for a six bedroom house. I'm learning to part with stuff without the anxiety for fear of the hoarding instinct getting out of control again.

Just one. A shirt-collar type leather motorcycle jacket that is no longer made. I checked with the manufacturer and it was actually discontinued when I bought it. Very well made, sharp styling, lots, of pockets, and vents.

Can't even find another one similar to it. It was made by First Manufacturing and called the 'Bronson'. I can't even find one used.

413zf7X45ZL._AC_.jpg

Reminds me a touch of this - https://www.bikersparadise.co.uk/Classic-Rock-Leather-Bike-Jacket.html Actually considered one of these myself before GoldTop came on the scene again.

Steer Horse

New in Town
Recently had to part ways with a weekend warrior jacket which, after ~2 years, was showing some beautiful grain.

Looked badass, but it pinched under my arms and had no action-back, so I was always a little robotic when wearing it.

Likely going to buy the same cut in the future, in a different hide, but size up this time.

Edward

Bartender
I feel like we should make a regretted buys jacket to go along with the regretted sold jackets. I have a lot more purchase regrets than selling regrets.

To put a positive spin on it, I'd suggest styling it as a thread along the lines of "Things I wish I'd known before I bought my first expensive leather jacket." This could well prove to be an extremely useful port of first call for advice for newbies. Especially so, given that the 'price of entry' into this hobby is significantly higher than it was when I got into it over a decade ago.

Brandrea33

One Too Many
To put a positive spin on it, I'd suggest styling it as a thread along the lines of "Things I wish I'd known before I bought my first expensive leather jacket." This could well prove to be an extremely useful port of first call for advice for newbies. Especially so, given that the 'price of entry' into this hobby is significantly higher than it was when I got into it over a decade ago.

Yes indeed. I’d have loved to read that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112