Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Disneyland Is Going 1930's

jtcarrey

A-List Customer
I usually try and go every Saturday because they have swing dancing on Saturday night, I don't generally care for the bands all the time but as long as I can swing with my friends that I have there, then I'm a-ok!

cecil

A-List Customer
tuppence said:
Melbourne and Sydney have Luna Park. No comparison to Disney World. But Melbournes' was opened in 1912 and has one of the oldest roller coaster rides in the world along with other vintage rides. I think it was created by an American.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luna_Park,_Melbourne.

The Sydney Luna Park is also home to the only operating 1930s funhouse in the world, off-topic but might be of interest to loungers. Was opened in 1935.

1050166_f520.jpg

and inside:
800px-Coneyinsidelunaparksyd.JPG

Chas

One Too Many
Disney putting a mickey-mousian spin on the '30s?

I don't expect that they'll be recreating a migrant's camp, or a soup kitchen. Dozens of men and women standing around, selling apples.

When I want an authentic old-time amusement park, I'll go to Santa Cruz and ride the old wooden roller coaster.

boardwalk.jpg

FinalVestige79

Practically Family
Chas said:
Disney putting a mickey-mousian spin on the '30s?

I don't expect that they'll be recreating a migrant's camp, or a soup kitchen. Dozens of men and women standing around, selling apples.

When I want an authentic old-time amusement park, I'll go to Santa Cruz and ride the old wooden roller coaster.

Yup, no Hoovervilles there...no Bonus Army Camp either...

Shirin

A-List Customer
I've never been to Disney world/land, but its been my life long dream to go, even more so now to see the 1930s decor when its all finished.

Lady Jessica

One of the Regulars
Oh yay! A thread about Disneyland! I for one can't wait for the changes! Disney's California Adventure was a huge letdown and I expect the changes to really draw people in. :)

I have season passes but they are blocked out until August. I can go on Sundays and the weekdays, but I want to upgrade it so I can go to swing dancing on saturdays.

p51

One Too Many
dhermann1 said:
Didn't somebody put up a picture recently of a restaurant at Disney World in Fla, where the decor was all elegant 30's and the clientele were all in vacation ware shorts, T shirts, base balls caps and flip flops? Is that how this enterprise is going to wind up?
Heck, that’s where “elegant” dining seems to going in a lot of places anymore. I took my wife to Seattle’s Space Needle for dinner for our anniversary last year and half the people there were dressed like that, and that place supposedly has a dress code!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy