Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dita Von Teese

ginfizz

One of the Regulars
I just have to share with all of you ladies I have successfully convinced my man to let me remodel my kitchen after Dita VonTeese's. Pink kitchen here I come!

brookenormajean

New in Town
ginfizz that is so exciting, good work! I am currently remodelling my bedroom after hers. Her house is amazing, can you believe it is only a rental?! she must have spent so much on the interior decorating... wow!

Cicero

A-List Customer
As to my surprise i just found in my refrigerator a few bottles of Perrier water...With Dita on the label. :confused:
Well why not. :eek:

Miss Stella

One of the Regulars
Ginfizz, is there a site where her kitchen photos are posted? I saw a brief picture in a magazine last year but not sure that it's enough to get a good look see.
I don't think The Mister will let me do pink in the kitchen....pretty sure no :(

Miss Stella

One of the Regulars
Oh...my...(drooling)...isn't that just luscious!!!
I'd have loved to see the bathroom as well...but I'm sure she'd like to have one thing private!
(or..maybe not...!)

Sylvanrealm

New in Town
Actually she looks very healthy in that interview. I think as C-dot said she is just a very petite lady. Obviously next to the more rubenensque woman in the Daily Mail interview she would look miniscule.

Oh dear, I would hardly call the red-haired lady rubenesque! She looks fairly slim to me, though more so in some photos than others.

MissNathalieVintage

Practically Family
Dita Von Tesse locks and make up.

I would like to know how to achieve Dita's long waves and her fake bobed hair (at least I think it is, one minute her hair is long the next its bobed). Plus her every day make up look. I saw a few how to videos on youtube these are okay. However the ladies on these videos do not really go into full dets on how to achieve the official Dita Von Tese look for newbes.

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
I would like to know how to achieve Dita's long waves...

Wouldn't we all :(

...and her fake bobed hair (at least I think it is, one minute her hair is long the next its bobed).

That's actually quite easy to do, though it would be difficult to get it looking as smooth as hers. If you set all of your hair for volume (rolling straight up to the root) and instead of brushing it down, brushing it under, you can make it appear much shorter. If your hair is past your shoulder blades, you'll either need to curl it tighter or pin the back portion under in a sort of roll. Lauren Rennells explains it better in Vintage Hairstyling.

TheRedSquare

New in Town
Me too, I'd love to see detailed makeup & hair breakdowns or instructions.

Actually, since I am borderline obsessed with Dita's hair, I recently tweeted her asking what her favorite curling method was. She tweeted back (so starstruck, lol!) that she loves hot rollers, and she has a tutorial on Dita.net for members. Well, curiosity got the best of me and I paid the membership for the tutorial. It's a two part video she shot on her iPad in her own bathroom. It's funny, it would seem like she has an elaborate routine to get that perfect hair, but she really doesn't! She uses some setting lotion I didn't catch the name of and hot rollers of course... two sets and only uses the small rollers. She also throws in some hot sticks for extra curl where she needs it. She does a basic setting pattern- rolling down facing away from her part, just grabbing hair as she goes... not precise really. She does put a little extra care into the top/bangs area in order to get a good wave. Dita's haircut looks to also be very basic. Below the shoulders straight-ish cut with minimal layers. After the hair cools, she brushes out with her Mason Pearson, then starts shaping the bottom under with a rat tail comb and sprays to hell and back with hairspray. Bed Head Masterpiece i think... Anyway, I've been following her technique but with pillow rollers, and I have to say I'm finally achieving the look I've been after all along. I can't wait for her book to come out! I wish she'd get on with it already!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran